Ch. 64/68 - Pierce Through the Black Forest

Ok so the word count for this chapter is 12k. Have fun(‐^▽^‐)

█████████████

Pierce Through the Black Forest (1)

█████████████

Everyone turned to look at Iron in surprise when he returned earlier than expected. After all, they thought that he would have to at least follow the Crown Prince until Command but he returned surprisingly quick.

"Are you alright?"

Lintel anxiously asked Iron after hearing how he had refused the Crown Prince.

"Yes."

"But he's still the Crown Prince. You'll be in big trouble if he hates you and targets you."

"Who knows... He wouldn't even have the time to care about me."

Iron grinned as he answered him.

Just like he said, the Crown Prince truly did not have the time to care about him. He would be treated as a hero who pacified the complaints of the Northeast once he arrived at the capital. But once time passed by, and they heard that he did nothing for the Northeast, he would be scorned and called incompetent. If that happened, the Fourth Prince would definitely gather the nobles and revolt. Once that moment came, the real confusion in the capital would truly begin.

'I wonder how long the Second and the Third Prince can endure?'

Iron smiled at the thought that flashed through his head.

Dealing with the Imperial Family in his past life was a terrible ordeal but it had now become sweet memories as he used them to deal with them in this life.

The Second Prince, who did not hesitate to sell his country to ascend to the throne, and the Third Prince, who held unique secrets and had a tremendous hold on the forces under the dark. The moment these two people resurface would be the day the capital would plunge into hell.

'I think their situation will be worth watching. Should I add some monster waves to that too?'

Lintel, who saw Iron grinning like a fool, thought that he was crazy.

"Why are you grinning and giggling alone? Have you gone mad?"

"Ahem, ahem... It's nothing."

"You don't have a dual personality, right?"

Iron grimaced as Lintel immediately ran away from him. He immediately approached Lintel who was deliberately avoiding him while muttering It's best to avoid crazy people.

Just when the two of them were playing around like that...

One of the rangers on a reconnaissance mission tore off a dry jerky and spoke up.

"Hoo... I'm so tired! So sick of this!"

He forcibly opened his eyes that kept on closing. Their situation was actually quite understandable. After all, they kept on sitting around the Black Forest while only doing reconnaissance.