Ch. 94/95 - Electrifying Vengeance!

█████████████

Electrifying Vengeance! (1)

█████████████

The first thing that the Northeastern Army did when they arrived at Ghost Island was to build a stronghold. It was important for them to go deep inside Ghost Island but to do that, they would have to kill the void insects that were flocking to them from all sides. And to survive as long as they could, they needed to have a stronghold where they could recuperate.

“All of you, focus on building a base.”

The troops tried their hardest to build a base on Gustav’s order as they blocked the void insects.

As the Northeastern troops formed a base, their soldiers that landed one after the other joined them and started to create a defense line on the coast.

“Iron!”

“Yes, sir!”

“Go with the Ghosts and search for the thunderbird.”

Carl Gustav called the Ghosts as he said so. Then, Iron called Gustav.

“Captain.”

“Hm?”

“I don’t think we need to search.”

Iron pointed to one side as he said so.

Although this state was only temporarily, the enormous divine power that he had in his body had allowed him to clearly feel where the thunderbird was.

“I think the thunderbird is over there.”

The place was in the middle of Ghost Island.

Gustav nodded heavily when he saw Iron pointing to a pile of stones.

“I’ll make a way for you by all means. Go and meet with the thunderbird.”

“I don’t have to meet it personally. If it’s now… I can synchronize with the thunderbird just by being near.”

Iron had already been connected with the thunderbird once. Perhaps that was the main reason why he could feel the thunderbird’s divine power all over the place as soon as he stepped foot in Ghost Island.

Thunderbird’s energy was all over the place that it was akin to a fog-like scent that wafted through his nose. And Iron, who smelled the scent of the thunderbird, looked up at the sky.

“Is it hard?”

―Ppiiiiii!

Phoenix shook its head lightly at Iron’s question as it continued to breathe its flame up in the sky. However, even if it wasn’t feeling tired nor feeling the difficulty of its task, he could still see that Phoenix was being pushed back by Thulhupus. After all, Thulhupus had greedily sucked in a huge amount of contaminated mana in the surroundings.

However, being pushed back was something that wouldn’t happen if it was the original Phoenix. If a phantom species like Phoenix had its original power, he would be able to deal with God’s apostle. In other words, Phoenix was being pushed back purely because of Iron. His divine beasts were fighting with only a fraction of their power because of Iron’s limited divine power. Hence, why they were being pushed back.

“Take it.”

Ppiiiiii!

“It’s alright. You can take more. We have enough right now.”

Phoenix pondered for a while after seeing Iron’s broad smile before taking a handful of divine power. After seeing that Iron was still fine, Phoenix cried once and breathed out its flames in earnest.