Ch. 38 - Unraveling the Thread (1)

█████████████

█████████████

The current relationship between the people in the Winter Mountains was as complicated as tangled spools of thread.

Iron did not want to be hit with some backlash so he did not touch him carelessly. He first sent out Corporal Charles while he gathered some information. The first people that Iron targeted were the soldiers that brought supplies to them.

“Loyalty!”

“Nice to meet you. Is this all for today?”

“Yes. Command is trying to send as much as they can but there seems to be a limit to how much we can move at once.”

He deliberately approached the soldier and chatted with him. There were quite a lot of things that he could pick up from these soldiers since they supplied food from place to place via the balloon.

He was not aware about who among the executives were affiliated with Sergeant Sean but he thought that it would be a bit difficult if he recklessly moved against a person under a commissioned officer.

Iron was currently only a lieutenant so gathering information from the executives was a bit hard. He couldn’t just pretend to be close to them since he had only eaten a little jjambap and there would be complications if he recklessly tried to get close for information. So, he went ahead and targeted the soldiers. And it seemed like this decision was effective.

Iron always mobilized his soldiers to help the supply soldiers whenever they delivered their supplies. This led to their stay here, albeit short, to be more leisurely and carefree. Because of this, he naturally became close with them to the point that they could chat freely.

“Ho~ So, Captain Franco and Captain Paulo are rivals?”

“That’s right. Captain Deross who’s in charge of the 7th~9th outposts is said to be neutral, but he’s just a coward.”

“Even though he’s the captain of one of the special search teams?”

“I think it’s because he did not have any backing? But I believe it’s just because he’s just not good enough to break through them.”

Iron nodded upon hearing the soldier’s words.

After hearing the supply soldier talking behind Captain Deross’ back despite being his subordinate, Iron could now roughly organize the current situation.

The information that he had received from the supply soldiers was now more than enough for him to gauge the situation of this place.

‘So, this is a face-off between Captain Paulo and Captain Franco? Hmm… Then, that means that Captain Franco also has someone behind him.’

When Iron thought of this, he opened his mouth and asked the supply soldier.

“The Search Unit Commander must be having a hard time?”