Ch. 31 - Recruitment War (4)

█████████████

█████████████

Jaiden maintained his silence even though Caeden had already blatantly asked him. He knew that everything that he had hidden would be caught if he answered hastily.

"Fine. Everyone has their own circumstances. However... One thing is certain. You are hostile towards the Imperial Family."

However, if he continued to remain silent, then he would be tagged as the Empire's traitor. Left with no other choice, he opened his mouth.

"My reason is not simply because of hostility."

"Does that mean that you have a different reason?"

"That's right."

Caeden quickly spoke to try and get more out of Jaiden.

"Ever since I was young, I had been thinking why the North failed to develop properly. I got curious so I began to investigate. I realized that what we have been given from the Center was not satisfactory when compared to the value of the North's specialties."

"So the report wasn't just about the Northeast."

"That's right. I also found out that it was because of the distribution rights of the Merchant Federation."

"Do you mean to tell me that you have noticed this at such a young age? The fact that the Center has been playing tricks?"

Jaiden remained silent. He had no choice but to let him think that he was a genius since he couldn't explain what he had experienced in his past life.

"Interesting. Aside from that genius head of yours, this proves that you are a noble considering that you had the environment that allowed you to learn these things. If you know enough information to infer these, then you must be from a leading family in the North."

Jaiden remained silent despite Caeden's own assumptions. But regardless of his silence, Caeden just continued to speak. He looked like he had realized something.

"The families representing the North are Temphet, Winstell and Leonhardt... I can exclude Winstell since they believe that their hands are precious. Temphet's two sons are now all grown-up so they're also excluded. That leaves us with Leonhardt... Are you the eldest son that ran away from home?"

"......"

"When Leonhardt's eldest son ran away, I heard that he was still nine years old."

Jaiden still maintained his silence.

"Interesting. You abandoned the lions and chose steel..."

Caeden smiled in amusement as he stared at Jaiden.

"I think I've already shown you enough of me... so why don't you reveal your true feelings?"

"Hoo... What do you want?"

The Duke's Eldest Son Escaped to the MilitaryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara