Ch. 79/80 - To the East!

█████████████

To the East! (1)

█████████████

Carl Gustav immediately set out to go to the Commander’s office to report about Iron’s decision to accept the East’s request to investigate Ghost Island. He thought that it would be better if he reported this early so they would have less chances of robbing them of an important figure. And also to receive lesser lashings from the curses of the commander. However, Carl Gustav thought wrong.

“Captain… are you alright?”

Iron looked apologetic as he asked Carl Gustav. But Carl did not answer him. He just nodded at Iron with a haggard look on his face.

“Because of me… I’m sorry.”

“I’m alright.”

Carl Gustav forced a smile as he handed the documents to him.

“This is the order to temporarily assign you to the East.”

“Ah… Then, will my status as a Ghost disappear too?”

“No. You’re TEM. PO. RA. RI. LY. assigned to the East so you will maintain your original status as a Ghost.”

Carl Gustav emphasized the word temporarily as he asked him to never forget that he was a Ghost even after going to the East.

“I understand.”

Gustav nodded when he saw Iron smiling as he answered him.

“Good. There will be more explanations later. But once you arrive in the East, you will be a member of the direct investigation team under the Eastern Command.”

“Who’s part of the team?”

“You will be moving with the East’s strongest Knight Order, the Wave Knights, and their strongest fleet, the Blue Whale.”

Carl Gustav told Iron the members of the team roughly.

“I mentioned this earlier, but there will be one other-worlder divine beast contractor and three spiritualists. There’s also a new star from the East in the group.”

“The East’s new star?”

“That’s right. There will probably be a lot of people who want to compare with you.”

Iron looked at Carl as if he couldn’t understand his words.

“Are you talking about me?”

“I think the Northeast must have overexaggerated your packaging.”

“Ah…”

“If they undermine you then they can naturally bring down the other new stars from the North. So, it’s like hitting two birds with one stone, you know?”

Iron looked at Carl Gustav incredulously. A sigh came out from the military’s political moves. He had already seen enough political forces carrying trashes around while the Northeast was being devastated back in his previous life so this was something that he really did not want to deal with again.

“It’s already giving me a headache.”

“Hoo… I told you not to go.”

Carl Gustav sighed as he spoke.

However, the rewards were too great for him to give up on this. Although he was yet to deal with phoenix’s power properly, he still wanted to sign a contract with a new divine beast. After all, he would be able to gain greater strength just by signing a contract with a divine beast. In addition, the next divine beast was most likely to be a fairly rare species. He was quite sure on this matter since he saw that notification when he signed a contract with Baepsae.