𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐇𝐈𝐌 𝐓𝐎 𝐀 𝐏𝐔𝐌𝐏𝐊𝐈𝐍 𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇 → 𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂

💙

Dappled autumnal sunglow polished the manmade path drawn to the fields like pencil to finished watercolour art, creating a magnificent marble effect. Beaming in gold and darker orange and conquering red, it glinted to the ground like reflective glass, or a delicately crafted mosaic. Leaves were plastered to the road bumping up at rogue ridges, damp from the night of rainfall and slapped down like it were cold salted glue.

Trees neighboured the road, breached in a neat row as one bonded with the other via branches but were distanced at the trunks, evenly. They were thin, like lines inked in a frail dash to an undamaged body of blue paint, soaking into the canvas and growing brighter by the moment. The pathway was mystical, and would ultimately lead anyone with the courage to take their feet pumped at the sole with adventurous energy to it into a ripened paradise.

Sonic sniffed, feeling the chill of the crisp fall air tickle his nose. He scrunched his muzzle up, creating an unintentional face of disgust, but with contrasting reactions crossing his mind. Honest to his heart, he thought the landscape poured before him was breathtaking, and his ears twitched from every crinkle beneath his scarlet sneakers fracturing the frail leaves. He shuffled them intentionally across the ground, thrilled to hear the autumn breakage. It was a satisfying sound that sent a blip flying through his heartbeat.

He kept his emerald orbs lightly attached to the pathway, the smooth grey material dyed gold from the early morning shimmer. Through the strips of sun, it was like the heavens had sprinkled entire caps of glitter down into the sky, drifting across the brightness in patterns that borderlined perfection. It was bliss creeping from the lateness of the year, this season soon to click round to the last of the timeline. Sonic nestled one gloved hand into the pocket of his vermilion coat for extra warmth, as the other remained embedded in another.

(Y/n) strolled alongside him, the face of who donated her little hedgehog friend that coat glancing ahead, the route planned out in her head and etched in like antique pen to a treasure map. Mittens weaved themselves around her hands, hugging tightly to the heat caved inside, and a scarf cuddled her neck. Her coat was so long compared to her body, screaming with an unexpected sense of style yet hanging below her knees varnished in a slate black. Sonic could see the admiration twinkling in the corner of her (e/c) eyes, and it made a smile shiver to his muzzle.

He felt the wind battle with the creamy fur of his face, and he ducked his head down into his own woollen scarf wrapped at least three times over around his tiny neck. His nose scrunched up higher, and he felt the dampness tickle the fluffy material from the inside. Sonic had no clue where this pathway lead, the suspicious amount of trees flowing on for what seemed like the rest of the planet, like this road was plastered all the way around and you could find yourself back where you started unbeknownst. Even under his coat, he felt the cold growing, and he clenched his hand tighter to (Y/n)'s.

He felt the same gesture squeeze back, and his face was engulfed in his scarf right up to his glorious green eyes. He blew out a minute sneeze, muffled mostly by the wool, but via a little laugh from (Y/n), Sonic could identify she'd heard it. He sniffed softly, a hint of embarrassment choking up his cheeks with overwhelming warmth. However, this sparked a place for an abandoned conversation to reconnect, (Y/n) taking in a light breath to say those words.

"Bless you."

Sonic brought his loose wrist up to rub his nose.

"Thank you."

(Y/n) giggled at his manners, while the hedgehog's curious mind ran wild to think of a way to pronounce the question he craved an answer to that burned to his brain.

"Where are we going?"

(Y/n) smirked.

"You'll see."