Glittery Rats and Rebel Cats

A/N-New Chappy each week! :3

Ashlin's POV

I walked into my art class with Jared and Gerard following me. Jared and Gerard. They sound like brothers, but there not. Gerard has a brother named Mikey, and Jared has a brother named Shannon.I also have a brother named Ashley.

We sat down in a row next to each other. Gerard secretly reached into Jared's hood and pulled out his rat. Jared has a rat that he takes everywhere with him. He either sits in his hood, or on his shoulder. His name's Hurricane.

Gerard set Hurricane down on his desk. "Hey little guy. You know what you need?" asked Gerard. The tiny little rat sniffed him in response. "Glitter!" Gerard announced. I rolled my eyes. Gerard was so creative. He can find creativity in a rat.

The grabbed a container of glitter off a shelf and tapped it as sparkles fell onto the rats sleek white fur. Jared looked over. "Hey!" he exclaimed. He scooped up his rat and whipped out a toy brush.

Gerard and I just stared at him. "Don't judge me." he said. I just ignored it. Gerard looked closely at the rat. "Why do you carry a brush?!" he asked. Jared stared at him. "Considering how many times you've glitterfied my rat, it's good to keep one handy." he said.

The rat squeaked. I picked it up. "Not the glitter!" Jared said. I rolled my eyes. "I'm not adding glitter. Any more glitter, Hurricane's new name would be Kesha!" I said. I set down the rat on my desk and pet it. I grabbed a piece of paper and drew a picture of the tiny rat.

Once I was done, I wrote 'Glitterati' on the top of the paper and gave it to Jared. Hurricane sniffed it. Jared slipped it in his folder of drawings. Probably didn't want to look at a picture of his glitter rat at the moment.

Hurricane climbed up Jared and sat on his shoulder. Gerard poked the rat. "I think Hurricane's had enough of you." Jared said. Gerard laughed. "You're kidding right? This rat loves me!" he said. Jared sighed, handing Hurricane to Gerard.

The rat froze as the bell rang. Jared scooped him up and put him on his shoulder. We walked to our lockers. Jared set Hurricane in his locker to eat while he grabbed his books. How can you have such a well tamed rat?

I tried doing that with my snake, but he wouldn't budge. He wouldn't even leave my wrist. Oh well. That just meant nobody could glitterfied him. At least I don't bring him to school anymore. I broke off from Jared and Gerard and met up with Frank. We're in the same math class.

We sat in the back of the class and texted each other under our desks. The teacher teaches the same thing over and over so we kind of know everything he's cause were to only people who actually listen. We started taking about Hurricane. I told him about Gerard glitterfying him.

He laughed. The teacher glared at us. Apparently we were taking a test for the thousandth time. Frank and I already passed it so we didn't have to take it. I put on my headphones and started playing Draw Something against Frank. He was much better at digital art than I was. I'm better at pencil and paper art.

My attempt to draw a baby looked like an apple. The bell rang and school was over. I went to my locker and grabbed my bag. I found Jared and Sistine and we walked home. We lived in the same neighborhood. Sistine was Jared's girlfriend.

Sistine was wearing a glittery shirt. She flicked some of the glitter off the shirt. It landed on Hurricane. "Seriously?!" Jared asked. Sistine and I laughed.

Jared pulled out the picture I drew of Hurricane. "Can you guess who drew this?" he asked Sistine. Sistine made a thinking face. "Ashlin?" she asked. Jared nodded. I smiled. How can people always tell when I draw something? We stopped in front of my house and I said bye. I headed inside to see Ashley watching TV.