The End Part 1

Wolfie wasn't exactly happy when Alec came back in the early hours of the morning. He'd enjoyed his time alone with Magnus, and now that was ruined. The introduction of the tiny baby boy in Alec's arms meant the end of family life as Wolfie knew it. He didn't want a brother. They didn't ask if he wanted a brother. He was just told that he was going to have a younger sibling, and there was nothing he could do to change that. Suddenly Alec was leaving in the middle of the night to pick up the baby, and he was left alone with his other father.

Magnus rushed forward as soon as the door was closed, pressing himself close to his husband, gasping as he looked at his new child's face. "He's perfect," he breathed, and Alec nodded, smiling in spite of himself. "I can't wait to see what a strong shadowhunter you'll become," he muttered, kissing his partner softly.

That was it. His younger brother was a shadowhunter. Like Alec.  He didn't want that. "Wolfie, do you want to see your brother?" the black haired man called, looking up. The boy shook his head.

"I'm going back to bed," he said firmly, standing up from the sofa.

"Do you want me to put you to bed?" Alec offered, gently handing their new son over to Magnus.

"No. I don't want you," he snapped, glaring momentarily at him before storming off to his room, slamming the door behind him.

Alec turned to Magnus, his eyebrows furrowed, "did I do something? Is he mad at me?" he asked. His husband shook his head, "No, he's been moody ever since you left, really...and before that, too,"  he murmured, "I'll put the baby to bed, and then I'll go to talk to him,"

"What about me?" Alec chewed his nails subconsciously. He'd been trying to stop for months, but having an eight year old warlock son was not exactly easy on his nerves. And now with a baby added to that mix...

"Go to sleep, you really need the rest," Magnus smiled, cradling his child close to his chest.

Wolfie was facing away from the door when Magnus came in. "Wolfgang," the full name card. This was serious, "what was that about in there?"

"What was what?" he mumbled into his pillow.

"Talking to your father that way,"

"He's not my dad!" the smaller boy sat up, staring Magnus in the face. "He's a shadowhunter! He's not related to me! He's not. My. Father,"

He knew he'd messed up because his dad stayed very still and calm. His eyes were staring at Wolfie's face, his lips in a firm line. "In this house," he began, his tone frightfully even, "we do not talk about people as if they are only their race. Alec raised since you were a baby. He loves you. He's as much your father as I am, the fact he's a shadowhunter doesn't change that," he leaned forward, "and I know we raised you better than to think that, so what's the real problem?"

Wolfie's shoulders slumped, and he sat up in bed. "I...you keep telling me, about how warlocks live for ages? And shadowhunters don't. They live a really short life, compared to us," his lip quivered and he looked down, "one day I'm going to have to watch dad die. And now I'm going to have to watch my brother die too. I don't want that. I don't wanna lose them, I'm scared," his voice broken to a hoarse whisper. Magnus exhaled softly. "No one wants that. I'm sorry that this is your reality. It's not normal for kids your age to have to think about that. I can't deny it though – one day that's going to happen, and it's just going to be the two of us. But that's why you have to be nice to your dad, okay? Because he's not here forever like I am. All you're going to have of him are memories, and isn't it better to have happy memories, instead of regretting the relationship you could have had with him,"  Magnus shrugged, "I'm terrified of losing Alec, too. But I'll have you, Wolfie, so at least we won't be entirely alone in that," he got up off the bed, reaching out to pick Wolfgang up. "We still need a name for your brother, so why don't you come and help us pick?" 

I know what I said but lmao. There is one more after this and that's it. That's the last one. This is just here because I'm off my medication and I'm able to think clearly for the first time in ages. I'm still getting back on my feet but I'm getting there.