Ho hey

Alec sat down on the sofa, sighing heavily. Magnus looked at him, “what’s wrong?” he asked. Alec looked at him out of the corner of his eye. “Just…tired. Frustrated.” He murmured. Magnus looked at him curiously. “Why? What happened?” he touched Alec’s shoulder cautiously. Alec ran his hands through his hair. “No one at the council meetings ever listens to me. I say what I think should be done, but no one ever listens…they just talk over me, or they don’t even do anything. They all just sit in silence and continue as if I hadn’t said anything.” Magnus sat silent. He didn’t know what to say. What could he say? He felt partially guilty; because he knew Alec was being treated this way because of him. “Is it because I’m gay? Are they just trying to ignore me?” he looked at Magnus, his eyes deep and searching. Magnus just stood up, and a flicker of blue sparks came out of his fingertips, and his stereo system started to play. He put  his hand out to Alec, and pulled him to his feet.

Ho, hey, ho, hey.

Alec looked around him in awe. “This doesn’t sound like a faerie song…” he remarked, and Magnus nodded.

I’ve been tryna do it right (hey), I’ve been living a lonely life.

“That’s because it’s a mundane song.” He told him. Taking both of Alec’s hands in his, swaying them both softly to the beat. Alec smiled a little, “what are we doing?” he asked. Magnus grinned,

“we’re dancing, wasn’t it obvious?” he said, jumping up to the pulse of the music, surprising Alec. And he did it again for the next beat.

I belong with you, you belong with me, you’re my sweetheart. Magnus began to sway them closer, more joyfully. Alec smiled a little, allowing himself to be twirled along to the music, he even skipped a little, putting more energy into it. Magnus was singing softly along to it. He pulled Alec close against his body. “I belong with you, you belong with me, you’re my sweetheart.” He sang tunefully, his hand warm and comforting on the shadowhunter’s back, allowing him to forget his troubles, even for a little while.