Cuddles

He ran down the streets, his bare feet pounding on the sidewalk beneath his feet. He stepped on broken glass, shards getting trapped in the sole of his foot, and he cried out. It hurt. Everything hurt. His clothes weren’t even on properly. He looked around him desperately. Were they still after him? He couldn’t see anything through the sea of unfamiliar faces. A few people looked at him curiously, a young couple even stopped. “Hey buddy,” the man said, putting his hand on Alec’s arm. “You alright?” the shadowhunter flinched away, looking dazedly at the couple. The man’s girlfriend hung back a little, her face filled with concern. “Has something happened? Do you need help?” She asked softly. Alec ran his hands through his hair. “Where…where am I?” he asked. Everything was so unfamiliar. They told him, and he realised he was near Clary’s house. Clary’s house was closer than the Institute. Safer to be with someone who knew him. “Do you need to get anywhere? Would you like us to take you to the hospital?” they asked. Alec shook his head.

“No. No. Nothing’s wrong…I just need to…. bye.” He began walking off in the direction of Clary’s house.

He knocked on the door heavily. There was no reply. He knew it was late, but he needed help. He needed help so desperately. Eventually Luke answered the door. His eyes widened a little, “Alec…what happened? What’s wrong?” Alec leaned forward a little.

“Sorry to bother you, I just…” His voice was slurred. They injected him with something. What was it? It made his brain foggy and slow. He began hitting his head, trying to get it to clear it. “Alec.” Luke put his hand on Alec’s forearms. “Why don’t you come inside?”

Jocelyn, Clary and Simon were stood in the hallways. Simon and Clary glanced at Alec. “Holy shit,” Simon breathed. “What happened?” Alec looked up at him, dazed. It was difficult to focus. He couldn’t see who was talking clearly. He whimpered, sitting down on the sofa. It hurt so much. Clary was soon by his side – he could tell from her red hair. “Alec. Look at me.” she said. He looked at her, his eyes taking a while to focus. “Did you take something?” Simon asked. Alec looked around,

“I didn’t…I was attacked by some…werewolves? I don’t know… they took my stuff, and…I can’t…” he felt like he was going to be sick. H

He heard someone say that they were calling Magnus, and then someone was laying him down on the sofa. “Did you step on something?” He heard Clary ask.

“I think I stepped on a broken glass?” he said. Luke looked at his step-daughter.

“We’ll need to pull the shards out of his foot before we can heal it…” he murmured.

Magnus burst through the door. Simon was crouched on the floor talking softly to Alec. “Alright, the warlock has arrived, is there anywhere I can take my boyfriend to examine him in peace?” He asked. “You can use my room.” She said, helping Alec to sit up. He looked dizzily at the warlock,

“oh? Magnus?” He questioned. His voice was slurred and drunken. Jocelyn had said he’d probably been drugged. He took Alec’s hand, leading him down the hall.

Magnus put his hands on Alec’s hips, and the boy instantly jumped. It wasn’t like Alec. He was usually comfortable with being touched. “Sweetie… what’s wrong?” he asked gently. Alec shook his head. “Nothing.” Magnus began to put his hands to Alec’s shirt, to lift it up, and the shadowhunter quickly pushed his hands away. Magnus knew what was happening.

His jeans were undone, the wounds on his hands and neck, his hesitancy to being undressed. “Alec,” he breathed, “did someone…force themselves on you?” he asked, and Alec slowly nodded.

Alec sat down next to Magnus on the sofa. He was wearing his big hilariously oversized hoodie. He’d been covering himself up much more recently. Not that Magnus blamed him. The warlock put his arm around Alec’s shoulders. Non-surprisingly, he flinched, but then he smiled and apologised, trying to get himself comfy in the crook of Magnus’ arm. It was worrying, but after his terrifying experience with werewolves (who Alec had named, shamed, and the Clave had executed) he had been jumpy to the touch. His skin ran with memories of that experience, and he would mistake his boyfriend’s loving touches for that of those whom wanted to hurt him. But he was getting stronger, he was trying to leave those fearful memories behind, no matter how traumatic it had been.

“I’m sorry,” Magnus had breathed. “Do you want me to stop?” he asked tentatively. Alec shook his head immediately. “No. I just. I just want us to cuddle like this for a little while, if that’s okay.” He said back. Magnus kissed him affectionately on the forehead. “Of course that’s okay.”