The Cat

Alec winced painfully. He’d had that story book since he was born, and now the cover was shredded. He threw it down on the bed, along with all of his other ruined things. There was a knock on the open bedroom door, alerting Alec that someone was watching. Alec turned towards the door, “What do you want, Magnus?” he asked sharply.

“To see what you were doing,” The warlock replied. Alec shrugged, throwing more things on the bed. “Your God Damned cat has shredded all of my stuff.” He said. Magnus looked over at all of his things. “Well cats will be cats.” He said. Alec glared at him.

“No. No they won’t – the Chairman never ruins your stuff!” he cried. Magnus sat on the bed and looked firmly at the shadowhunter. “I’m always changing the furniture – he never gets time to shred anything.” Alec ran a hand through his hair.

“I’ve been here for like a week and he’s already gotten everything I brought with me!” He yelled. Magnus shrugged, “well, your clothes weren’t in the best condition to begin with, so I don’t think him using them to sharpen his claws is that much of a big deal.” He mused. Alec glared at him.

“it’s not funny, Magnus.” he spat. Magnus sighed,

“it kind of is.”

“No its not! I’ve had most of this stuff since I was a kid – when we were still living in Idris, even and-” Magnus caught Alec’s face between his hands, and pressed his lips firmly to his, cutting off his words with a short gasp. The shadowhunter reacted quickly – his hands going to ruck Magnus’ shirt up, his hands running over his chest. He instantly forgot about his things, all he wanted was Magnus.