Eau de Mort

They portalled into France, not Magnus’ preferred method of transport, but since Alec did not even so much as exist in mundane records, there was no point trying to get him a passport, with all of that unneeded hassle. Alec looked about him, “Where are we?” He asked, looking about him. Magnus smiled, as Alec stared at all of the pretty stone buildings, the wide roads, the sun beating down on them. The town was so pretty, it was set in the mountains, in the south of France, looking over miles and miles of just trees. “A town called Eau de Mort.” Magnus answered, pushing the sunglasses down from their resting place in his hair to cover his eyes. He didn’t feel like making a glamour, but yet he didn’t want everyone to know about his eyes. He put an arm around Alec’s waist, who was looking up at Magnus, confused. “The town is called Eau de Mort…as in… Water of Death?” He asked. Magnus nodded, “Dead Water.” He confirmed. Alec looked down, biting his lip.

“So why are we in Dead Water?” He asked. Magnus kissed the top of his head affectionately, ruffling his hair as well. “Because I know that you like your shadowhunting, and you feel lazy if you’re kept away from it, so we’re here because there is a family of shadowhunters who live here.” Magnus commented, “but first, I want to do things with you first. You are my boyfriend, after all.” He added, and Alec smiled. He had a wonderful smile. One that was honest, and true. Alec leaned back into Magnus, leaning his head against his shoulder. “I love you, Magnus.” He whispered. It had only been recently that Alec had allowed himself to say those words. And it still felt a little funny hearing him saying those words. Magnus put a hand under Alec’s chin, tilting his face up, and kissed him softly. “Now, to the hotel, we need to drop off our stuff before we begin exploring the castles and woods nearby.” He said, once he pulled back. Alec smiled.

“That sounds nice.” He answered, interlocking his hand with Magnus’.

_____

“By the Angel…” he sighed, walking over to the window. Alec immediately opened the latch, and stared out. The sky was a wonderful satin blue, and was only interrupted by the rocks and trees of the opposite mountain. Alec had never seen anything like it in his life. It was breath-taking. Magnus smiled, and watched him. He looked like a kid in a candy shop. So excited and filled with awe and amusement. Alec turned back to face Magnus, his face literally alight with happiness and joy. “And we can actually climb that? We can go there? Visit those mountains?” He asked quickly. Magnus grumbled mockingly, “If you want to, Alec, then we will.” He told him. Alec grinned, and looked down, “thank you…for all this…for giving me a chance to do things I’d never be able to do otherwise.” Magnus got up, and pulled him into a hug.

“I love you enough to give you anything you want.” He answered; Alec pulled his hands around Magnus warmly. “What if I asked for the moon?”

“Then the moon you shall have.” Magnus whispered, and Alec blushed. Nobody had ever paid this much attention to him, and he liked it. He liked having Magnus’ complete attention without having to try at all.