Alexandria II

Alec looked left and she looked right, and then stepped out of the room, holding Magnus’ hand firmly in her own. He was still taken back with just how pretty she was. Her slender body – well that much he’d assumed that Alec would have, but just how curvy she was. She still had Alec’s long stride which was now being inhibited and restricted by the dress. She tripped a little, and Magnus laughed. Alec shot him a glare. “How do girls walk in these…fucking death-traps?!” She cried. She went to run her hands through her hair, but it was all tied back and she just pulled some strands out. Magnus shrugged, “take smaller steps.” Alec glanced at him out of the corner of her eyes, and then smoothed out the dress where she’d grabbed it and began walking. It was a slow, unfamiliar and cautious walk. She moaned, “this is going to take ages to get anywhere…” she let her head roll back. Alec was prone to having this mini-tantrums when he was exceedingly upset or angered by something. It was quite amusing – Magnus always thought the oldest of three would be very mature and responsible (which Alec was) and would never have tantrums, but Alec was actually quite a childish person.  It was probably because he was spoiled. Magnus put a hand on her hip and kissed her cheek. “There, there, you’ll get used to it.” He soothed.

They heard a cough, and looked up. Alec’s face turned pale. “My, my, Magnus, I thought you were with our son.” Robert commented coldly. “Or did Alec realise it was fundamentally wrong for him to be with you, and he left?” His eyes regarded Alec harshly. “Who’s family do you belong to?” He asked. Alec froze, her eyes grew wider. Her hand instantly went to the parabatai rune that was now stationed on the skin of her breast. She looked to Mayrse. The older Lightwood woman regarded the younger curiously. Alec pressed her lips in a firm line. “It’s no concern of yours.” She finally said, raising her head a little as she did. And then she took Magnus firmly and strutted – didn’t stride, didn’t just walk, she strutted – passed them. Robert, wide-eyed and slightly surprised, caught her shoulder. “I asked you a question!” he shouted. Alec turned and stared at him. Magnus had to admit, she looked terrifying. “Yes, you did, well done. You’ve managed the exceedingly difficult task of asking someone else a question! Must have been very difficult for you!” She yelled, louder than him. A shocked Robert let go of her and she sped out of the corridor, down the stairs and out of the Institute. She stopped and pressed her back against the door, rubbing her face. Magnus smiled. “You’ve never spoken to your dad like that before, have you?” He asked. She shook her head.

“Nope.”

“And you’ll get away with it.”

“Yup.”

She caught her lower lip between her index fingers, thinking. “He’s going to be so confused when I turn back into a man, isn’t he?” Magnus laughed.

“do you want to tell him it was you?”

“Oh, by the angel, of course not.” Alec was smiling now as well, and they both laughed at the idea of shell-shocked Robert Lightwood still stood up in that corridor, completely dumbfounded by that feisty young woman he would never meet again.