Anger

Before you start reading, please take time to read the Author's Note which can be found at the end of this work. I will not answer your comment if you've addressed something in here which I explain in there. Also please dont comment "but this was disproved in [any book written post-2013]" b/c I know, this was written when I was 13  

Alec collapsed into Magnus' arms, "What's wrong, sweetie?" He whispered in Alec's ear, twirling a piece of his black hair in his fingers. "Tired." He grunted in response, and Magnus smiled, kissing him on the cheek. "You're sweet when you're tired." He commented, and Alec sighed. "Magnus..." He whispered, pulling away from his warlock a bit. Magnus let him go, staring at Alec worriedly.

Alec stood away from him a bit, picking at the sleeve of his jumper. The bottom of his shirt which was poking out from underneath the jumper was very disheveled too - the way he usually looked. His hair was unbrushed, untamed, and he stood up as if he was trying to close in on himself. His eyes stared at something distant in their apartment. Magnus felt anxious, for once. He was always anxious when he saw that look in his lover's eyes.

"Magnus, do you really love me?" He asked suddenly, looking down, his hair blocking out most of his face. Magnus' shoulders slumped a bit. "Alexander, just what are you asking me."

"You heard me, Magnus. Do you really love me?"

And Magnus' cat eyes studied Alec, who had looked up at him now - his blue eyes shiny, tearful. "What brought this up?" He questioned again, worried for where this conversation was going. Alec clenched his fist, "by the Angel, Magnus, just answer me." He hissed. Magnus clenched his jaw. "Yes. Alec, I love you. I love you more than anyone else. I love you more than I ever thought I was capable of loving." And he paused, and stared at Alec. He seemed to be trying to avoid eye contact. "Do you love me?" He asked curiously. He'd never doubted Alec before, and he hated this doubt that was now in his mind. Alec stayed quiet.

"Maybe." Magnus' mind went blank. That one word destroyed him.

"You're not sure?" He asked, feeling dizzy, sick. Alec shrugged. "Then why are you with me?" His voice came out a lot more unsure than he meant to sound. Alec swallowed, and leaned on their settee. "You've never... you always act like I'm just... another toy for you. Like I'm not that important, like... if I left, or died, or just...disappeared, you could move on. And I just...I stay with you, because I like you. But...I don't know if I can love you, when you treat me like this." Magnus scoffed, and face-palmed himself. Alec glared at him. "It's not funny, Magnus." He spat. And Magnus stopped smiling. "I'm just tired, Alexander. What can I say? I've told you time and time again, I love you. If I lost you, I don't know how I could continue. I don't know any other way to treat you, Alec. You always act like your demon-hunting is more important than us, but-"

"Because it is more important, Magnus!" And Alec's volume surprised them both. "Hunting demons, is what I've been doing since I was eleven. I don't know how to do anything else! It's what my family has done for generations. Being with you, being gay, isn't! Being like this is wrong, Magnus! And having you treat me like I'm old news doesn't make this particularly memorable or worth loosing my relationship with my parents!" And Magnus stayed quiet. What could he say? Alec was glaring at him, breathing heavily from shouting.

Magnus didn't know what he could say, but he knew what he wanted to do. He strode over to Alec, and turned him around, pulling his arms around Alec's waist, pressing him close to his back. Alec grumbled, "get off me." He whined. Magnus kissed Alec's ear softly, "if I ever gave you the impression I wasn't interested in you, I know a way of making it up." He purred, kissing Alec's neck. His knees faltered as soon as the warlock's lips made contact with his skin. "I'm still angry at you." He murmured, and Magnus chuckled.

"By the morning you'll be too tired to care."