Dominant

Alec wiped the sweat off his forehead, panting. Jace pulled the knives out of the board. “You’re getting better at this.” He complimented, and Alec shrugged,

“Thanks.” The door opened, and both of the boys looked over. Magnus entered slowly, smiling. “Oh, hi Magnus.” he said, smiling a little back.

“Oh, what are you doing here, warlock?” Jace asked not too kindly. Magnus sneered at him,

“I’m taking Alec out after this, I wanted to watch him all sweaty and hot – not by my own hand, for once – before I did.” He explained, Alec flushed a pleasing shade of red at the comment, and hastily turned away. Magnus leaned against the wall, cocking his head as he watched. Jace smiled, shaking his head slightly, and turned back to his parabatai. He went behind Alec, pressing his chest firmly to his back. Magnus stiffened at the close contact between the two boys. Alec raised his arm, knife in hand, and Jace rested his head on Alec’s shoulder – him only just being tall enough to do that – and he slid his hand down Alec’s arm, shifting the position of his arm every so often. He put his other hand on Alec’s waist, twisting his body slightly. Alec looked completely comfortable with the closeness of the other boy, but Magnus was anything but happy with it.

The only person who had an entitled right to be that close to Alexander was Magnus. Jace didn’t belong there, behind him. He belonged by his side as a friend. Only a friend. Never getting closer. He shouldn’t have been touching him like that – that was Magnus’ job. He gritted his teeth, trying to bite back from yelling at the boy.

Jace turned his head towards Alec, whispering something, Alec turned his head to face Jace, and the two of them watched each other closely, their faces only inches apart. Magnus breathed out hastily and began pacing towards the two. He grabbed Jace’s strong shoulder, and pulled him off Alec. The boy stumbled back, travelling quite a distance, as Magnus replaced him beside Alec. He pressed his lips against Alec’s, and heard him making a surprised sound. He pulled apart, staring sharply at the shadowhunter. Alec looked at him, a little worriedly. “Nobody touches you like that.” Magnus said, “expect punishment for it.” He said, pulling on Alec’s hand, fast pulling him away from the centre of the training room.

Jace fixed his hair, regaining his composure. “Don’t worry about me, I’m fine,” he said as the couple tumbled towards the door, “I’ll clean up all the knives you dropped, no problem.” He muttered, chuckling as the door closed behind them. Shaking his head, he moved forward to dislodge the knife Alec had dropped from the floor.