Chapter Five

WEDNESDAY

~~Jacy's P.O.V~~

I freeze. I can't breathe correctly. Me. And Luke. Work together. For three months? Why? I look over at Luke, and see that he's smirking. What the hell is he gonna do to me? The teacher finished calling names, and sent us to start planing on the project. I slowly make my way all the way to the back of the classroom, Luke following. I pull out a piece of paper, and begin planing out our project.

"Ok, first thing is the basics. What country would America go to war with?" I ask, looking up at Luke.

"Uh, I don't know, China?"

"Ok, China." I write that down.

"What will the essay's be about?" I ask, not looking up from my paper.

"What do you mean?"

"Like, what will you write about. Will you write about how we got into war, and I write about what happened after we lost to China, you know" I explain.

"Why don't we do that? I write about how we got into war, and you write about what life's like after America lost to China"

"Really? Ok, we'll do that" I write that down, and begin thinking of what the Presentation.

'Maybe it could be all about what life was like during the war with China. Or, what it would look like if America conquered China, what the life style would be like, Or if-'

"Jacy!" Luke whisper yells, pulling me out of my thoughts and into reality.

"Hum, yeah?" I look up at him. He looks annoyed. Probably because he was calling my name for who knows how long, and I wasn't listing.

"Class is over. What were you thinking of?"

"Uh, I was um thinking for the Presentation it could be about what life would be like during the battle with China" I stammer out, walking out of the classroom door.

"Uh, cool idea. Bye" He rushes off to his next class. Why was he being so nice? Probably because he didn't want to get into a fight with me or the teacher. The rest of the day went by in a blur. Luke and his friends would give me dirty looks, and call me names but I brushed it off. I grab my bag and walk over to my bike. It begins pouring raining. I hop on my bike, and drive speed limit (25mph)this time home. I don't want to risk it. I ride home, and I see some kid walking very slowly with their head down. I get closer, and see that it's Luke. I think for a second before offering him a ride home. I ride up to him.

"Hey. Need a ride" I ask. He looks up at me before making a disgusted face.

"Like I'd go anywhere with our ugly slutty ass" He spat. Is this boy fucking bipolar or some shit?

"Sorry, just water to know if you wanted a ride home so you wouldn't have to walk in the rain. Just trying to be nice. Even to people who act like assholes to me." I shrug and drive a little faster just in case he changes his mind.

"Ok wait. I-I need a ride home" he says. I stop about 20 feet in front of him and wait for him to hop on.

"You might want to wrap your arms around my waist if you don't want to go flying off" I suggest once he's on. He does as told, and I start driving 40 mph. His grip around my waist tightens, making it hard to breathe.

"Luke, where do you live?" I ask. No reply.

"Luke if you don't tell me where you live, I'm bringing you to my place until you either tell me where you live, or have someone pick you up" I warn. Still no reply.

"Looks like we're going to my place" I mumble to myself. I sigh, and turn right.

"We're here" I sigh, and wait for Luke to retract his arms. He doesn't. His head is buried into my back, his arms clenching my waist. The rain stopped.

"Hey, Luke, where do you live?" I ask. He lifts up his head, and looks at my house.

"You know, you can just wait here and call someone to come and pick you up." I suggest again. He doesn't speak, just nods and walks over to my house. The hell is wrong with this guy? I walk inside after him. He looks around, as if he's studying the place.

"My rooms top floor, we can hang in there for a while and wait for someone to pick you up" I say. He freezes, stops in his tracks. He turns around, and his face looks scared, sad almost.

"What did you say?"

"U-uh, m-my rooms t-top floor, w-"

"Don't ever talk to me you little bitch! No im not gonna hang with you, I never should've gotten on that stupid bike of yours! Fuck off!" He explodes before I can finish my sentence. He pushed past me, making me fall hard on the ground. He stomps outside and slams the door shut. This boy is fucking bipolar, I swear.