Chapter Eleven

TUESDAY

~~Jacy's P.O.V~~

I get up, slamming on my alarm clock. I get up, picking out a black tee and black shorts before going to the bathroom. I take my clothes off, and get into the shower. The second the hot water touched my left wrist, a stinging sensation takes over, making me jump. I instantly remember what happened last night, and sigh, finishing my shower routine. I get out, get dressed, put my hair up in a loose ponytail, light makeup(foundation, winged eyeliner, light pink lipgloss) and my converse. I grab my phone, earbuds and bag before heading downstairs to be greeted by a frantic mom, hectic brother and stressing dad.

"Jason! Take your damn fucking chicken for lunch!" My mother screams, shoving a brown paper bag in his chest.

"I don't want the fucking chicken!" He screams back. It literally feels like time stopped because everyone stop doing what their doing.

"Jason. Take. The. Fucking. Bag. NOW!" I've never seen him take a bag so fast and leave. Dad sighs, taking the keys and walking after him. I guess they'll have an interesting conversation in the car. I look over at mom who's leaning over the kitchen counter, heavily breathing.

"Hey, Ma, you ok?" I whisper to her, rubbing her back.

"I don't feel so well. I think I might faint" She looses balance, but I catch her. I drop my bag.

"Ok Ma, I'm taking you to the doctor." I say, propping her up on my shoulder. I take the other car keys and take her out to the car. I place her in the passenger seat before closing her door and rushing to tee drivers seat and pulling out of the driveway on to the nearest hospital. Once I reached the hospital, I try to wake my Ma up, but she doesn't move. I'm forced to carry her in bridal style. She's about 100 pounds, and I used to lift so it wasn't that hard to carry her in.

"Help, my Ma won't wake up!" I say as soon as I enter. Two near by nurses grabs a gurney and lifts her onto it. More doctors and nurses surrounded my Ma, rushing her into a different room.

"You can't come in here, doctors only" A nurse stops me from going any further before entering the closed room. I sigh, tears welling up in my eyes before I go back to the waiting room. I take a set and bury my face in my hands, crying.

"Hey, why you crying?" I look up to see Kriss was sitting next to me.

"My Ma, something's wrong with her. This morning she told me that she didn't fell well, and she almost fainted, but I caught her. I-I took here here, and I had to carry her in because she wouldn't wake up, and now she's in the emergency room, and I have no idea what's wrong!" I sob. She pulls me close and I cry into her shoulder while she strokes my hair, trying to calm me down.

"Hey, shhh, it's ok." She tells me. I eventually calm down.

"Thanks" I sniffle, wiping away tears.

"No problem. Hey look, I gotta go. Good luck with your mom" She gets up.

"Thanks" I say. I have to wait about another hour before a doctor calls me over to talk to me.

"Are you the daughter of Emily Cass?"

"Yeah, my names Jacy Cass"

"Jacy, we did some runs on your mom"

"Did you figure out what's wrong with her?"

"Jacy, your mom has brain cancer"