Chapter Twenty-Four

TUESDAY

"Mrs.Cass! Wake up!" Hands slam on top of my desk, making me wake up immediately, shooting my head back up.

"Shi- uh, ah, Amen?" I say more like a question, pulling my hair back into a high ponytail.

"Why were you sleeping in my class?" Mrs.Jones asks.

"Uh, because I'm tired"

"And why is that?" She pushes.

"Because your boring"

"Well, I guess you'll have to be bored in detention after school" My jaw drops. My dad is going to fucking kill me. What if he lashes out on Jason! Who will be there to protect him?!

"Well, can I have a pan and paper?" I ask before she leaves my desk.

"Why?"

"Because as soon as my dad finds out he's going to use one of the broken empty beer bottles laying around to fucking slit my throat. I want to write out my will, and a litter to my lil bro first" I say in my most serious tone, hoping that this will get me out of detention. Her face softens, her eyes becoming sad. She's always been a huge softy, always falling for every sop story.

"Well, maybe I just won't give you detention. But this is the last time, got it?" She sternly says, making my nod frantically.

"Good" She smiles, walking back to the front of the class to continue teaching the lesson. I look over to see Jeena and Rey giving my death glares. I slump back into my set, trying to hide in my tee shirt. Spoiler alert, it didn't work. I sighed, giving up. Eventually the gods have blessed me by having the bell ring. I grabbed my bag and walked as quickly as possible out the door. Before I could get very far from the door, I was dragged into another room. I look around, my eyes adjusting to the sudden dim light.

"I'm warning you Cass, stay way from they boys. Or you're dead"