Chapter Nine

Sunday

Song: Fifteen by Taylor Swift

~~Jacy's P.O.V~~

I slam the door shut, slowly walking upstairs. I stop short in front of JayJay's room when I hear the TV going off. I walk inside, and see him playing videogames.

"Jay, what are you doing?" He jumps out of his set, looking over at me with a scared expression.

"I-I, u-uh, I-I, Y-you know, u-uh..." He stutters, then trails off. I smirk. I have him under my control.

"It's ok. I won't tell mom. As long as you do what I say" I smirk. He immediately knows what I'm doing.

"That's not fair!" He exclaims, throwing off his head phones.

"Oh look, my phone with moms number is in my hand..."

"Ok! I'll do whatever you want! Just don't tell mom!" He gives in. I smirk in victory and close his bedroom door, walking into mine. I grab my guitar and keyboard, walking out to the backyard. I sit down by the pool, my feet in the water. I play a track on my keyboard, and rest my guitar on my lap. I begin to sing a song I wrote a long time ago.

"You take a deep breath and you walk through the doors It's the morning of your very first day You say "Hi" to your friends you ain't seen in awhile Try and stay out of everybody's way It's your freshman year and you're gonna be here For the next four years in this town Hoping one of those senior boys will wink at you and say

"You know I haven't seen you around, before"

'Cause when you're fifteen and somebody tells you they love you You're gonna believe them And when you're fifteen Feeling like there nothing to figure out Well count to ten, take it in This is life before you know who you're gonna be. Fifteen

You sit in class next to a redhead named Abigail And soon enough you're best friends Laughing at the other girls who think they're so cool We'll be out of here as soon as we can And then you're on your very first date and hes got a car And you're feeling like flying And you're mommas waiting up and you think he's the one And you're dancing round your room when the night ends When the night ends

'Cause when you're fifteen and somebody tells you they love you You're gonna believe them When you're fifteen and your first kiss Makes your head spin round but In your life you'll do things greater than dating the boy of the football team But I didn't know it at fifteen

When all you wanted was to be wanted Wish you could go back and tell yourself what you know now Back then I swore I was gonna marry him someday But I realized some bigger dreams of mine

And Abigail gave everything she had to a boy Who changed his mind and we both cried

'Cause when you're fifteen and somebody tells you they love you You're gonna believe them And when you're fifteen, don't forget to look before you fall I've found that time can heal most anything And you just might find who you're supposed to be I didn't know who I was supposed to be at fifteen

La la la la la la la

Your very first day Take a deep breath girl Take a deep breath as you walk through those doors." I sing the last part of the song, and open my closed eyes. I take a deep breath and close them once again, taking in my surroundings. I try to forget all about what happened today. I honestly don't know why I defend Luke, thinking that he'll stop bullying me. Like it's that easy. But, I do know that if I did, the bullying would've gotten worse. What did I do anyways? I have no idea. I just sit there, at the pool for a while. Thinking. I close my eyes once again. Then I hear someone clear their throat. I hear feet splashing in the pool water, so I assume that they're sitting next to me.

"What do you want JayJay?" I ask, not opening my eyes.

"Last time I checked, my name was Luke" I hear him say. I shot my eyes open, looking over to my left to be greeted by a blonde asshole.

"What do you want?"

"Why didn't you rat me out?"

"I told you. I'm not a snitch. Is that the only reason why you came over"

"We need to work on the project"

"Alright. Follow me" I get up and walk up to my room, Luke following. I grabbed my 2nd laptop and logged in, handing it over to Luke.

"Write your essay on here. I'll write mine on my other one." I grab my gold macbook, and begin working on my essay. About 2 hours later we both finished, me having 15 pages and him only having 13. We worked for another 5 hours on the presentation. We're still nowhere near done, but atleast we got something done. It's around 9 when we left my room. My parents must still be at work. I walk into the kitchen and find a note.

'Hey J, I went over to a friends house, don't worry. I'll be back tomorrow

JayJay'

I sigh, and call a local Pizza place, ordering one large pizza. I walk out into the living room, Luke sitting on the couch. I sit next to him.

"My parents won't be home til late, and my brother went to a friends place. I ordered some pizza if you want to stay here and eat."

"Sure" He mumbles, not looking up from his phone. I sigh and grab my music notebook, and begin to work on a song.

'You're on the phone with your girlfriend she's upset, she's going off about something that you said 'Cause she doesn't get your humor like I do.

I'm in the room, it's a typical Tuesday night. I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like. And she'll never know your story like I do.

But she wears short skirts, I wear t-shirts, she's cheer captain And I'm on the bleachers. Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find, That what you're looking for has been here the whole time.

If you could see that I'm the one who understands you.Been here all along. So, why can't you see you belong with me,You belong with me.

Walk in the streets with you in your worn out jeans. I can't help thinking this is how it ought to be. Laughing on a park bench thinking to myself, "Hey, isn't this easy?"

And you've got a smile that could light up this whole town. I haven't seen it in a while since she brought you down' I didn't even notice that Luke was reading what I was writing until he said,

"You're good"

"Thanks." I mumbled, then the doorbell rang. I got up and took the pizza. I walked back into the living room where Luke and I ate the pizza together until he had to go home. I went upstairs and changed into sweats and a crop top before getting into bed and falling asleep.