Chapter Twenty-Eight

*1 week later* SATURDAY

I didn't move out of bed all day. I felt numb to the pain. I never went to school, and I think that I might just drop out. I know that's a bit extreme, but I can't with all of this bullshit going on all at once. It's too much for me to handle. I still cut, 40 new scars from the past week. The boys never stopped by, called, texted, nothing. I don't think they are in the mood to see anyone, just like me. My brother hasn't been taking it well either. It's kind of funny considering he only met him like 3 times. My dad was sentenced to 30 years in jail for drunk driving, man first degree slaughter, and abuse of both me and Jason I haven't taken a shower, eaten, drink anything at all. I only changed once, and that's it. I've lost about 30 pounds, and still dropping. You can see my bones, it's extremely unhealthy. But I don't care. All I can think about is how much I wish I could just call him up and have a causal conversation like always. But that's never going to happen. His funeral is scheduled for next week.

'He's dead' Well, that's not entirely true. They never found his body, assuming that my dad buried it somewhere. They knew it was him by the blood samples and DNA. We was pronounced dead due to the force of the blow, amount of blood loss, and the extreme chance of him dying on the spot. There's still a small chance that he's alive, but it's a 1 in 1,000 chance. I still hold on though.

RING
RING
RING
RIN-
"Hello?" I lazily ask, not in the mood to talk to anyone .

"Hello? Jacy?!" I hear someone ask, fear filled voice.

"Yeah, who is this?"

" it's Ashton"

"Ashton?" I ask, sitting up.

'He's alive!' Pure joy takes over.

"Yeah, it's me"

" I thought you were dead"

"I know, and I have to time to explain, but I have something very important to tell you"

"But I have a question for you first"

"What?"

"Will I ever see you again?"

"I don't know, but I promise you that I'll do anything I can to make sure to see you and the boys again" My heart drops.

'I may never see him again'

"Jacy, I really need to tell you something"

"What is it?"

" your dad escaped out of jail, and he's out to get you" My jaw dropped.

"W-what do you mean by he's out to get me?"

"Jacy, he's out to kill you"