Chapter Twenty-Three

MONDAY

"By JayJay! Have fun at school!" I shout over my shoulder, running out the door with an apple in my mouth. Dad didn't come home last night. I didn't know if I should take it as a good way or bad, but I pushed that thought to the back of my mind when I saw the boys.

"Hey skittles!" Claim says once he sees me.

"Hey Asian boy" I say, bouncing up to them.

"So there's breadstick and Asian boy?" Michael asks. I note that at some point when he got home yesterday he dyed his hair because it's now neon green instead of the pink.

"Yes, and your highlighter" I say, the inner child in me coming out. All of the boys begin to laugh.

"Alright, fair game" Highlighter giggles.

"So here's Breadstick, Asian boy and highlighter. What am I?" Ash asks. I stop for a second, thinking of a name. When I came up with one I gasped and jumped up a little.

"Curly fries." I say, in a child lie voice, making all of us erupt in a fit of laughter.

"C-curl-y-y fri-e-es?!" Luke asks through laughs.

"Y-yes!" I respond. We stand outside me house laughing for a good 5 minutes.

"You guys wanna skip?" I ask once we all claim down.

"Really? What about work we have to do, and when we go back tomorrow we're going to be so lost during the lessons" Curly fries turns to Highlighter.

"That was one time! Do not bring it up!" Highlighter defends.

"Dont worry, we can just go to my friend Kriss' house later on today and collect the work she has for me and then print out extra copies when we get to my place. We can either stay at her place and she can teach us the lessons, or we can video call her from my place" I suggest. They think for a second, liking up words then back at each other, talking to one another through a series of facial expressions.

"Sure, why not?" Breadstick says.

"Off to the movies!" I jump.

"Skittles, why do you have such a manly voice?" Curly fries asks.

"It's not manly, it's called raspy, look it up." I sass.

"Now let's get going to the movies!!!" Asian boy exclaims, all three of them walking ahead of Luke and I.

"So, I was wondering for the date you can meet up at my place tomorrow" I ask once I'm sure the boys are too fat away to hear us.

"Sure, around 8?"

"Yeah. Dress code: casual" I inform him.

"Got it" He chuckles, taking my small soft hand into his massive one.

"Wow" I whisper, pulling his hand up in front of me, playing with his fingers.

"What?" He asks.

"Your fingers. They're so long" I whisper, still playing with his fingers, chuckling while doing so. My actions cause him to laugh.

"Hurry up you love birds, we're almost there." Highlighter shouts, pointing at the AMC theaters ahead of us. I laugh, running up to the boys. We walk into the theater, getting ready to buy our tickets.

"We're watching furious 7, I don't care what you say" I said, looking at them. they all nodded in agreement before we went up to get the tickets.

"Ok, you guys get the food, I'll buy the tickets" I say.

"No, no, you are not paying" Curly fries commented.

"Yes I am, say what ever you want but it'll be like talking to a brick wall, I'm paying" I say, turning but I was grabbed by the wrist to face them again.