1

A harsh wind blew into the almost empty streets of Snezhnaya. It bit at the face of a singular person, who was walking rather quickly to their destination. It wasn't that she didn't like the cold, rather, she loved it. She wanted nothing more than to be in the cold, to feel the cold bite at her skin, and to feel the cold take away every ounce of feeling she had.

No, she weren't walking quickly because she were cold, she were walking quickly because she were in a rush. You see, this person doesn't live alone. She has a family; her mom and dad, a younger sister and a pet.

Her sister wasn't exactly the healthy type, she were sick constantly, and the cold didn't exactly help with the fever she bore. Y/n need to get home quickly, without any interruption. This was also why she held a box of medicine in her hand, it needed to be slightly above warm for the treatment to actually work, thus the hurry.

Y/n's ears heard footsteps who weren't her own, and she tried to ignore it, but with every passing second, it only seemed to get louder and louder, closer and closer, until the footsteps matched with hers, and the new person was walking at the same pace. She looked over, her curiosity getting the better of her, and she saw a man not dressed for the weather, but he didn't seem to be affected at all by the cold.

"Who...?" Her voice trailed off, not wanting to bother him too much, but since he walked up to her, it only seemed fair that he was the one to properly started the conversation.

His red eye looked over at her, almost like he was giving Y/n the side-eye, but he just seemed to be looking her over. He opened his mouth quickly, finding what to say with ease.

"Hello, fine evening, is it not?"

Y/n stayed silent, not knowing what to say. She wanted to say something, of course, she didn't want to seem rude, but what? What to say? Finally, she just answered the question with one of their own.

"Yes, it seems so." She paused. "Do I know you?"

The man beside the person in a hurry shook his head slightly, turning his head so she could see the full face -rather, what could be seen behind the mask. "No, not yet anyway. We'll meet again soon."

"What do you mean?" Her question went unanswered as a stronger, harsher wind below, kicking up some snow and temporarily blinding Y/n. When the wind died down a bit, the man was no longer able to be seen, and no footprints in the snow beside her. Her words lingered in the air as her eyes scanned the nearby area.

Her curious face dropped to a slightly irritated one, with her hand dropping from her scarf and staying relaxed by her side. Y/n shook their head and continued on their way to their house, irritated at the fact that this new -and rather interesting man- stopped her important trek back to the house.

It pissed her off that he lingered in her mind longer than he should've with what few words he said making an imprint in her brain. It bothered her so much that she almost passed the house completely when she snapped back out of their mind, the medicine she had for their sister getting colder by the second.

"Ah, shit." Y/n mumbled, starting up the sidewalk to the house and entering quickly.

Her mother was waiting by the door, ready to take the box of medicine she held.

"About time! What took so long?"

"Uh-"

"Don't answer that now, wait until after I give the treatment to your sister." She cut her off, grabbing the box of meds and storming off. "And take that blasted Fatui coat off, you know how I am about them."

Y/n simply followed her mothers orders and took off the coat, putting it on the coat rack by the door. She checked the pockets for anything she might've forgotten about, and felt something in her right pocket that she was certain weren't there before.

Curious yet again, she pulled it out, revealing a small vial filled with a light blue substance that glow slightly, even in a brightly light area. Her mind once again traveled to the man from a few moments before.

"Y/n!" Her mother's voice rang throughout the house. "Get in here!"

"Coming, mother!" Y/n put the vial back in the coat pocket, making a mental note to grab it before retiring for the night. She made sure to take off any extra layers of clothing on the way, putting them nicely in an pile on the hall table.

She entered the room in which her sister resided, her mother holding a syringe that held the contents of the box. "Yes mother?"

"Come do this medicine bullcrap," She sighed, obviously angry and Y/n's tardiness. "Do it quickly, it's late and we all have sleep to catch up on."

"Of course mother." She took the syringe from her mothers hands and made sure that no air was in the syringe before putting against her sisters skin.

"Y/n." Her weak voice rang out in the silent room.

"Tenkal," She replied. "How are you feeling?"

"Ah, the usual." Tenkal said. "Cold, like no amount of blankets could cure."

"I see." Y/n said, pulling the syringe out of her skin. "If the medicine was the right temperature, you should be feeling better by tomorrow morning."

A forced, broken chuckled rang out from the frail body on the body. "Of course." Her voice was almost silent, just above a mumble. "If I make to then."

"You will, don't worry."

Y/n rubbed her arm before turning off the lights and shutting the door, leaving the dying sister alone. She remembered the vial and made sure to grab it before heading to her own personal room, making sure to close the door before pulling it out to look at it once again.

The light blue of the vial seemed to glow brighter than before, enough to illuminate the entirety of the room, filling the room in a blue glow. It was a nice color, she must admit, but she couldn't let their parents find out about this mysterious vial.

But, Y/n just couldn't bring herself to cover it, let alone hide it from her parents. The color just kept reminding her of the man's hair color, and his overall personality: mysterious, yet, open.

Her eyes drifted closed, while her mind was racing about this man. One singular thought was one her mind before she slipped away to sleep.

I never got his name.

•••

Well, that's it for the beginning of this book! Once again, I will tell you:

THERE WILL BE SMUT

Don't like, don't read. It's that simple. Yes, there will be warnings, as well as a smut warning in the chapter title, just in case you don't read the warnings 🙃

At that point, it's your own damn fault if you don't like smut and you still read it just because you didn't read the warnings. If I find one comments saying about someone complaining about the smut, I will simply delete the comment, and block the user.

It's your own damn fault 🙃

That should be all, if I forgot something I will simply write it at the end of the next few chapters or something. Until next chapter,