50

Dear Tenkal,

Forgive me for never writing to you before this. My job with Dottore is quite time consuming. Regardless, how have you been? Everything alright with you? How's Father?

I will be departing for Sumeru within the next few days so if you se

"Y/n!"

She jumped, dropping her pen and spilling the ink over the letter. She let out an exasperated sigh, setting down the pen off to the side and picking up the ink well. She picked up the letter, watching how the ink went down and dripped off the corner and onto the desk.

The letter fell back on the table, abandoned on the table as she left her room with her bag. She can rewrite the letter when she gets back from her trip. Still, she grabbed some supplies in case she wanted to write in Sumeru. "Coming!" She hoisted the bag over her shoulder and met Dottore at the door.

The kid version of Dottore, if she remembered correctly, his name was #483. He was the same child who opened the door for her when she first came. He was standing by the door handle, almost like he was seeing them off. Once she grew close enough, he opened the door. Dottore tossed her the coat and left the house.

He always seemed to be in a hurry nowadays. Maybe it was the pressure of The Tsaritsa, or the pressure of practically bestowing godhood upon a fellow harbinger. She didn't know, and she didn't want to find out. She felt like if she said one wrong thing, he would snap at her. So, she kept silent, following behind him to the carriage.

Y/n nodded a goodbye to the child, who stared blankly at her until the door shut. "Alright." She muttered, turning and continuing down the path to the carriage. Dottore was already there, waiting for her by the door of the carriage. He was being a gentleman by waiting by door for her to arrive, but it was clear that he was very much in a hurry.

"Sorry to keep you waiting." He opened the door and helped her inside. He entered once she had sat down and closed the door. He sat beside her.

"It's alright." He looked out the window for a bit, the carriage being a little slow on its start. "The boat will wait for us regardless." He muttered. He seemed to be consumed with his own thoughts again. Once again, she wondered if he was thinking about his experiment, or if he was just zoning out to forget he existed.

Y/n leaned over and rested her head on his shoulder. He was warm, comfortable. It was different than when she first met him. He was distant, and a little psychopathic. Not that he was any less psychopathic than before, but his behavior has changed since they first met.

Every now and then, he would mutter something strange. Always under his breath, always after she had done something she thought was remarkable, like tearing an organ out of a rotting body.

"Just like her..."

It couldn't help but make her think that Dottore had a lover before her, which was entirely possible, he had the looks, he had the charm, but the personality would make it difficult for anyone to approach him. It kind of made her want to meet who this person could be.

She giggled softly, alerting Dottore. "What are you laughing about?" He looked down at her, adjusting a little so she was resting more on his chest instead of his shoulder.

"Hm?" She looked up at him. "Oh, nothing important. Just laughing at my own thoughts." He hummed in response, seemingly believing it. HIs eyes, however, betrayed that thought. It looked like he knew something was different.

He didn't try to argue, instead turning his head to look out the window. The scenary went by quickly, though it might just be the flurries of the snow. The Tsarita's grief was beginning to show, the snowstorms at the edge of Snezhnaya were growing to be worst in over a century. Y/n was kind of grateful that she was leaving the country. Even she didn't want to be caught in the snowstorm.

An hour or so later, the carriage stopped. Dottore got up and left the cabin, leaving her alone. She left a few seconds later, already seeing the doctor grabbing their stuff. They were at the docks, and the storm was already starting to pick up. It worried her, so she grabbed what she could and went to their ship.

It took only one trip, since they had help from the driver, so soon, the two of them were in their cabin under the deck of the ship. It was close to the captain's quarters, in case they had an issue, but that didn't really matter much. As if the two lovers could have an issue.

Dottore was laying on the bed, staring at the ceiling. His lips moved with silent words, his fingers twitching every now and then. She entered the room after sharing a few words with the captain, closing the door as softly as she could. "The captain said we'll reach Sumeru in three days." Y/n sat down on the bed beside him, pulling off her shoes and putting them by the foot of the bed.

She had debated doing the same to Dottore's shoes, taking them off for him, but his shoes were complicated, and she didn't want to make a fool of herself struggling with his shoes. She laid down beside him, joining him by staring at the ceiling. "What should we do the meantime?"

He sat up, his hands going to his shoes. "I brought some ingredients for some potions we could make." His shoes hit the floor, and he laid back down. He didn't make any other effort to move.

"Tomorrow then?"

He rolled over, his arm snaking around her waist and pulling her close to his body. Their hips pressed against each other, and she could feel his hard-on against her butt. His lips pressed against her neck, his teeth nibbling softly. "Tomorrow." He hummed, his hand taking her head and turning it towards him.

His tongue entered her mouth, tasting the chocolate she had a few minutes earlier. He smiled, releasing her a moment later. She sighed, closing her eyes. "Very well."