8

Somehow, she must've fallen asleep on the floor of that laboratory because when she awoke, she found herself in her bed. She no longer wore the hospital gown, but instead she wore the pajamas she had packed. Y/n felt flustered knowing that Dottore saw everything she had in that suitcase.

The clothes he laid on the dresser weren't hers though. As she looked at it more closely, it seemed like a uniform, but it fit her style. It looked comfy, and as she put it on, it confirmed her suspicions. It seemed that the doctor knew how to make her comfortable.

She didn't know if she liked it or not.

Y/n knew that she still had a few minutes until she actually needed to work. So, she went over to the window and touched it, the cool glass on her fingers sent a well-liked shiver down her spine. She smiled, pressing her palm against the glass.

Her moment with the cold was ruining when a knock sounded at the door. She knew it was Dottore; she had a feeling that he wouldn't trust the other clones near her again. A sociopathic voice on the other side confirmed her theory.

"Oh Y/n! It's experimentation time!" His voice was somewhat muffled by the closed door, but she could still hear his chuckle loud and clear. "I found a new test subject this morning; wandering the forest like a lost little fellow."

He paused, almost like he was wondering if she was awake. He opened the door, spotting his new helper by the window. "I hope you like those clothes. They were an old assistants', but she died because of her own foolishness. Poor thing, anyway, let's get started!"

Y/n stood there, frozen. She almost couldn't believe her eyes. "I am standing in this room."

"Yes." Dottore smiled brightly.

"I'm not dead."

"Also, yes."

"You killed your own clone."

"I did. Isn't that great?" He took a few steps closer.

"I agreed to be your assistant."

"You did! Now isn't that amazing?" He grabbed her arm gently. "This matter can be discussed later, during our experiment."

She nodded. Of course, their experiments. It was the job she signed up for when she said yes to his offer. He brightened; the mask didn't do much to hide his happiness. She followed him out of her room, seeing that her room has changed. It was in a fancier hallway than last time, and she had a feeling that the grand door in front of her was Dottore's room.

The fact that her room was changed to be in front of his was calming, for some reason, even though he was a sociopath.

Y/n was continued to be dragged through the halls, Dottore's fast pace only showed how joyful he was to finally have someone to help him, other than those despicable clones. Eventually, they reached a descending staircase. The doctors joy must've rubbed off on her because she was running down those stairs at a faster pace than Dottore.

He looked at her in amazement, seeing her face when they reached the bottom, seeing the glee in her eyes when she looked up at him. It almost made him halt on the steps. It was like he was seeing her in a new light.

"Hurry up, Doctor, I can't open this door without you." She grinned, forgetting what monstrosities lay behind the door. He said nothing, but walked towards the door and pushed it open, letting his assistant walk into the lab first.

He watched her carefully, noticing her flinch when she looked at the area that one held his clones' dead body, it was long since cleaned. He did also notice that she tried to not look at the operation table that she was almost killed on, it was a pity that they would have to work on that one. It was the only one with a good enough light.

She stopped walking and turned back to her boss. "What should I do first, Dottore?"

He chuckled. "There's the test subject in the room over there. You might have to act rough with him, but if you do, take the sedative to your right." He pointed to the room she needed to go through, and she nodded. She agreed to this job so she might as well do what she can.

Y/n grabbed the sedative and walked towards the room. She knew Dottore was watching her to see if she could really handle this job, as saying you can and actually doing it two totally different things. She knew she could do this; she's seen worse things in the wars she fought in, the battles she lost.

She closed her eyes and inhaled, when she exhaled, she shut off what she could of her emotions and opened the door. Dottore, watching this, let out a smile. She was perfect.

Her footsteps echoed in the silent room; she knew exactly which cage it was. It was the only one that wasn't holding some type of freak or failed experiment. Due to the smell of the room, it was cleaned out rarely, and she knew she smelled something rotten.

Reminded her of the medical bay in the war.

Y/n locked eyes with the test subject, his terrified eyes looking at her with fear and maybe hope. He shrunk back into himself, knowing that this expressionless woman in front of him wasn't here to help him escape. His eyes no longer held fear and hope. It only held terror.

Reminded her of the time she tortured a prisoner for information.

She unlocked the cage and grabbed his arm roughly, pulling him out of the cage and throwing him on the ground. "Move." She growled. He scrambled to his feet and walked forward, towards the door. Towards his death. She knew his mind was racing with ways to escape, hers did too when she was taken prisoner in the war.

The only difference is she knew she was going to survive. She knew he would not.

He opened the door and looked around for an escape. He froze when he spotted Dottore standing in the room with his arms crossed, a sadistic grin on his face. "Like my new assistant? She's great, isn't she?"

"Keep moving." Her cold voice cut through the silence, and the prisoner jumped. He walked forward and allowed Y/n to walk into the room. She made eye contact with Dottore and smiled, before turning back to the test subject.

"On the table, now."

He whimpered and got on the table, letting the doctor and his helper strap him in out of fear. He stared up at the ceiling, tears threatening to spill from his eyes. He knew he wouldn't survive, that is just how life is.

He was fucked, and there was nothing he could do about it.