30

The creation lasted a while before sitting down and relaxing. It seemed to be like it was mimicking human sleep, using this copy as a way of remembering what it used to have. It didn't move since it had sat down in the corner.

"Fascinating." Dottore smiled. "I've never seen something like that in one of my creations before."

"Your creation mimicking human sleep? I'm sure that would be something one would remember." Y/n hummed.

The male flinched. "Speaking of remembering, I just remembered something."

"Oh?" She was intrigued. What could he possibly forget?

She watched as he turned around, waving his finger around like he was using the movements to help remember where exactly he put it. He was muttering under his breath, repeating the same phrase over and over again. She decided not to question it, having already grown used it some of his behavior.

Y/n often forgot that he was known as the one no one wants to mess with. He was known for his sadistic behavior, known for his actions against those who wronged him. He was well known in the war; his creations being sent out onto the battlefield and slaughtering everything in this path, regardless of if they were friend or foe.

She remembered encountering a creature he made. She was in the medical tent, getting ready to amputate her fellow soldiers' leg. She remembered how the leg was covered with shrapnel, bleeding and infected. The creature walked into the tent, ignoring the people who moved out of its way. It stopped in front of her and her patient, staring. Then, it ripped off the leg of the soldier, ignoring the painful screams the poor soldier let out.

She still remembered that feeling. The feeling of fear, resentment. The creature held the leg in its hand, now staring at her. It was unsettling, feeling its hundred eyes on her.

It turned and left, like what it did didn't just happen. The soldier died of shock a few moments later. Its movements were janky, like it was being controlled.

Y/n blinked. She had forgotten just how much power he held. If he could control a being like that with ease, she wondered what else he could control. It scared her more than she thought.

Dottore pushed some containers off his desk, the containers landing on the floor loudly. It snapped Y/n out of her daze. Her eyes looked over to his figure, hunched over his desk, looking in the drawers for that thing.

She was curious on what it could be, judging by his actions to find this thing, it was very important.

"Can you tell me what it looks like? I can help you find it."

Dottore's head snapped up, so quickly she was sure his neck snapped. He shook his head slowly, using his hands to fix his neck problem. Turns out, he did snap his neck.

"No." He snapped his neck back into place, rubbing the spot that was broken. It would be fixed in a matter of hours; it was nothing he needed to worry about. "I can find it."

His smile was big, almost too big. He wasn't exactly confident in his skills of finding this thing, but he knew the general area.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." He pulled out the seat on the desk. "Sit here, you can even read the documents if you want."

Y/n narrowed her eyes at the doctor but complied regardless. She sat down, Dottore pushing in the chair with ease. He left her there, going to the opposite side of the room to continue looking for this object. She watched him for a bit before picking up a document in front of her.

Project #5950: Puppet

Project #248: Karma and its uses

Project #9438: Shouki no Kami the Prodigal

She dropped the other two documents, focusing purely on this new one. The date on said document was new, and the size of the folder was small, smaller than the other two documents she discarded. She opened the folder, the picture of the project falling out onto the desk.

A large mechanical creature, it's figure faintly being that of a human. It was only a sketch, but she knew this was exactly what he intended to make. She put the sketch back into the folder, shutting it and putting it away. It felt wrong to look at something like that now, like she was betraying his trust or something.

That project was obviously a long-term project, meaning it wasn't going to be completed within a week. No, this singular project could take years.

"Found it!" Dottore's voice cut through the silence, scaring both Y/n and the creature he made moments prior. The creature made a grumbling noise, standing up and moving out of the room. It might've been just a little too loud in this room for its rest. The doctor watched him leave, sighing.

She pushed the folder away from her, putting a different folder in front of her, acting like she was reading this one the entire time.

"What did you find?"

He held it up. Immediately, the thing he held had its hold on Y/n's heart. It was a vial, a damn near copy of the same one she broken days before.  Its color was brighter, though, and she knew it was colder than its original.

"Y-you-"

"I did. I made another one." Dottore smiled. "Here."

He handed it to her, the coldness from the vial filling her senses. She loved it. She missed this feeling, the sense of comfort this little thing gave her. She looked up at him, giving him a smile.

"Thank you."

"It's nothing, love." He chuckled. He was pleased at her reaction. "Oh, and this one is unbreakable, but I wouldn't test it."

"Really?"

"Mhm, but another thing." He held up a different component. The shape and design of it reminded her of something. Her eyes landed on his ear.

"Thats an earring piece."

"Yes." Dottore took the vial from her, putting the two components together. They clicked together, perfect for each other. "I was thinking that since I wear a vial earring on my right, you can wear one on your left."

"May I?"

Y/n nodded, allowing him to pierce her ear, putting the new earring on. Once he finished, the weight of the earring became that of nothing. It was like she wasn't wearing anything at all. Her fingers reached up and touched the earring, almost like she was making sure it was still there. A smile bloomed on her face.

"Thank you."

"Of course." He tapped his chin. "Before I forget again, there is a party happening in a few days."

"Oh?"

"Yes, I would like you to join me."

Y/n blinked at him. "I would love too, but what about the other harbingers? Wouldn't they do something to me?"

"Not while you wear that earring, love." Dottore wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her close to him. He hugged her, resting his head on hers. "This is a great opportunity for you to properly meet the other harbingers, and to stake my claim on you."

She smiled. Though, she was worried. Surely the other harbingers won't accept her. It just seemed unlikely that the harbingers would like her, regardless of what she did.

But, as long as she's with Dottore, nothing bad can happen.

Right?