43

The ship moved quickly on the sea, the passengers on the ship hardly noticing the crash of the waves. Aside from the sounds of the water hitting the hull of the ship, and the salty smell of the sea, one would hardly notice that one was on a boat.

Well, maybe some passengers would notice.

Y/n grimaced away from a person beside her. She was lucky enough not to suffer from seasickness, and so was Dottore, but she wasn't lucky enough to get away from the passengers who did.

On this ship, no one except the Fatui soldiers stationed knew who the two of them were. Dottore seemed to want it this way. To Y/n, it was like he was treating this like a vacation of sorts.

If one would call a trip to Dragonspine a vacation.

"Dottore." Y/n said, once they were in their room on the ship. Her boss looked at her, his cool red eyes staring into her. He had taken off his mask once they entered, leaving whatever happened over doing so up to chance. And maybe the hope of having sex again.

"Yes, my dear?" His voice was soft, seductive. He really wanted to have sex. Unfortunately, his wishes would have to hold off until later. She did want to fulfil his desires, but not now.

"Why don't you want to be known as The Doctor on this ship?" She sat down on the singular bed in the room, her eyes trailing the male in the room. His shoulders loosened, disappointed from her question and possibly his expectations. This didn't go unnoticed, but she decided to ignore it for now. "Wouldn't having such power on the ship be marvelous?"

Her gaze went dark, cold. She smiled coolly at the floor before snapping out of her short daze. Dottore sighed, his mood from before almost completely gone by now.

"Yes, having such power would be great. However, if word gets out that I am traveling to Mondstat -again- the consequences would be dire." He sat down beside her, taking her hand into his.

"Again?"

"Ah, yet another thing I have forgotten to tell you. Or perhaps it was because you didn't ask-" He stopped himself before he went on another ramble. He let out a cough. "Apologies, I digress. A clone of mine went to Mondstat to establish Fatui power, but there was some trouble with a man named Diluc there."

Y/n recognized the name, but she couldn't place it. Then, it clicked. "Oh! The guy that went on a murder spree and was then banned from entering Snezhnaya?"

Dottore sighed again. "That's the one. Though the version of him that gave me the most trouble was the person known as The Darknight Hero. He was a really annoying fellow." The grip he had on her hand tightened to a near bone crushing strength. "I want to murder him."

"There, there." Y/n ignored the pain in her hand and kissed the top of his hand. "I'm sorry, but you can't."

He grumbled a reply.

"You'll have the entirety of Mondstat, the bard and drunkard population, and every Diluc simp out for your blood. Not to mention the Anemo Archon. I hear he's a sucker for a few bottles of Dandelion Wine." She felt the grip on her hand loosen as she kissed the top of his hand. "As much as I would love for you to commit mass genocide like that, I don't think that's a good way to start."

"I could poison his water supply."

"As well as the entirety of Mondstat."

"Must you shoot down every idea I have?"

Y/n released her hand from his grasp and held his hand with both of her hands, using her fingers to feel the scars that speckled his skin. "I am simply being the logical factor in this equation we call life."

Dottore used his free hand to touch her chin and guide her face up to look at him. He looked into her eyes, searching for something in her gaze. He found nothing but curiosity and something tender.

"Do you have any ideas then, love?"

She chuckled. "Of course. We just avoid the town."

"Tsk, too boring." He let go of her chin. "I want to do something that terrorizes the town. Maybe to put some fear back into the Harbinger name."

She placed her hand on his, leaning onto his shoulder. "You can, but maybe on the last day. Or right before we leave." She squeezed his hand lightly before patting it and letting go. She stood up to leave, maybe to get some food or something, but he grabbed her arm and pulled her down to be on top of him.

"Thank you, but I want something dear." Dottore's sly smirk sent a shiver down Y/n's spine. She gave him a smile and leaned in, giving him a kiss on the forehead.

"Okay, but I'm on top this time around." She kissed him again, this time on the tip of his nose, her finger tracing the scar on his face. "Deal?"

His hand brushed against the thin clothing she wore, his fingers touching the areas were skin was available. He could feel her body tremble with every touch, and he loved it. He pulled her hips down, making them connect with his.

She let out a yelp of surprise, then shot him a glare. He only smirked at her, being more focused on pulling her articles of clothing off her body. She kissed his lips softly, her fingers moving swiftly to undo the buttons on his shirt.

The moment was ruined by a knock on the door.

"Lord Dottore, the ship will be docking in Mondstat's harbor in 10 minutes." The voice was muffled by the door.

Dottore groaned, releasing his grip on her waist. Y/n sighed, closing her eyes. "I suppose we will have to continue this later?" She whispered, redoing the buttons on his shirt.

He mumbled in response, hugging her and sitting up. There were sounds of footsteps retreating from the door, and sure enough there was a ship-wide announcement that they will be docking soon.

She let out a chuckle. He gave her a curious look, in which she smiled in reply. "We can do it in the mountain, yes?"

His eyes narrowed at her. "Yes, I suppose so."