33

Y/n made her way to the refreshments. She didn't know what she expected to find there, but when she did get there, it was full of small and delicious snacks and many bowls of what she assumed was firewater. A bar was located a few paces away from the refreshment table, and that was where most of the half-drunk party members stayed.

She picked up the closest snack, taking a small bite. She didn't quite like it, but she didn't mind it all that much.

"I had a feeling I would find you here, love." Dottore's hand rested on her lower back, his touch soft. She looked at him, shrugging. "What's that?"

"You want to try it?" Y/n offered the snack, letting him take it from her hands. He lifted a portion of his veil, taking a bite. "I don't really like it, so you can have the rest if you do."

He swallowed, shaking his head. "Don't like it either, I'll find a trash can." His hand left her back as he left her at the table. She watched him disappear into the crowd, turning her attention back to the other snacks. She pondered her options for a moment, thinking about which one she should choose next.

"Having trouble, young one?"

She looked around, confused. Who said that? Her eyes landed on the short man on her left. He wore a tall hat, which seemed to make up some of his overall height. "I'm afraid so. Uh, may I ask who you are?"

The old man simply nodded his head, like he was deep in thought. "You are much nicer than Dottore's other assistants." He stopped nodding his head. "I like you."

"I'm sorry?" Now she was more confused. Why did everyone she comes across already know who she is? She knew they were most likely harbingers, but the harbingers didn't make many public appearances, not since the Traveler made contact with Signora in Mondstat.

"Ah, where are my manners." He shook his head. "I am Pulcinella, No. 5 of the Fatui Harbingers, codename The Rooster."

This man was the 5th Harbinger? A man who seemed to be the most passive out of all the harbingers she's met so far? Y/n was afraid to find out who the 4th Harbinger was, but she knew she would meet them eventually.

"Y/n, pleasure to meet you- ah." She wasn't sure if she should call him by his codename or his actual name.

"You may call me by my name, Pulcinella." He seemed to be used to this, judging by his quick answer. Rather, he was very observant. That made the most sense to the female. "You are that of few who are allowed to call me by that name, but I must ask, when referring to me when you talking to someone, please call me by my codename."

"Of course." She smiled at him. He simply nodded his head again, his hat moving ever so slightly.

"I would recommend this treat, but I am unsure of your preferences." He pointed to the snack that she had given to Dottore to try after she did.

"I'm afraid I don't quite like that one."

Pulcinella let out a chuckle. "I don't expect you too, that treat is usually only there for me. If you liked that one, I would be impressed." He pointed to a different snack, this particular treat looked pretty good. At least, to Y/n's taste. "Then this is the next best thing, for you, I'm afraid."

She reached out and took the treat, lifting it and taking a small bite. The pastry let out countless flavors in her mouth, each and every one somehow tasting better than the last. Pulcinella watched her expression, his mustache moving into a smile when he saw the enjoyment in her eyes.

"This tastes amazing!" She took another small bite, stopping herself from devouring the whole thing.

"What tastes amazing, love?"

"Dottore!" Y/n held up the treat. "Try this, it tastes better than the other one."

His ruby eyes flicked to Pulcinella, seeing him watching the two with observant and curious eyes.

"If you say so." He lifted his veil slightly, allowing her to feed it to him. He took a bite, lowering the veil as soon as the treat was out from under the cloth. She ate the rest, watching the doctors face. He swallowed quickly, letting out a cough.

"Do you not like it?" She asked.

Dottore shrugged. "I don't really like sweet stuff. But it tastes better than the other one you made me try."

Pulcinella chuckled. "Then that means it'll be more for Y/n, no?" He shifted his gaze from the doctor to the woman eagerly grabbing another from the stand. "I'll be sure to ask the baker who made these to send some over, just for you."

"Oh," Her eyes looked at the man beside her. "Is that okay with you? I don't want unwanted packages appearing at your front doorstep."

Dottore rested his hand on Y/n's lower back, his fingers playing with the fabric on her waist. "That's fine. Once a week should be enough. One package, or I'll make the 5th spot vacant."

"Dottore, there's no need to threaten Pulcinella. He just wants to be helpful." She lightly smacked his forearm. She sighed, turning her attention to the short male in front of her. "Thank you kindly, but is this really, okay? I wouldn't want to burden the baker in charge of these delicious pastries."

The man shook his head. "The baker will be more than happy. If anything, she'll be happy to hear that her pastry caught the attention of the 2nd Harbingers assistant."

"If you say so."

The short man gave the woman a stiff nod. "I will be off. Tartaglia seems to have gotten himself into some trouble."

Dottore's hand wrapped around Y/n's waist, pulling her closer to his body. "What did that foolish boy do now."

"Be nice. I meet him, and he's offering to teach me how to use other weapons."

"I am more than capable to teach you how to use other weapons."

She simply shrugged. "I don't mind being taught by the so-called 'foolish child.' He seems to be very skilled at the other weapons."

"He can't teach you how to use a bow-"

"Then you can teach me how to use that weapon, hm? Problem solved, no?"

Pulcinella only smiled at the two's bickering, slipping away while they were too preoccupied with themselves. Now, he was focused in going to where Tartaglia was and stopping the fight before the poor somebody he had the pleasure of fighting died. He was sure it was like taking care of a fox; sly, yet always looking for something cause.

His mind drifted back to the bickering he had heard before slipping away. He let out a laugh.

"They fight like a married couple."