3

Y/n was in her room, once again staring at the vial. Her door was closed, her open suitcase resting on the bed, still nothing inside it. She knew that she needed to start packing; the letter requested her presence at the castle by the end of day. By what she assumed, there would be some type of agent there to escort her to a different area. Her being at the castle would serve as Dottore knowing that she arrived.

Whether or not she survives longer than tonight, that is unknown.

Her eyes narrowed at the vial; the light blue glow somehow growing harsher as time went on. Eventually, she had to look away. Even a color as nice as that can be cruel on the eyes. She instead focused on the empty suitcase on her bed.

Maybe the reason why it wasn't pack yet was because she didn't know what to pack, or maybe it was because she wanted to bring everything she owned, but even she knew Dottore wasn't that kind.

Y/n's mind drifted to the doctor as she moved towards the suitcase. No one outside of the Fatui knew what he looked like, and even then, there were very few people inside the Fatui who knew what he looked like. It seemed to only be the Harbingers, the Tsaritsa, and their assistants. Judging by the letter, it didn't seem like Y/n was being recommended for the assistant job.

However, there was only one Harbinger who used clones, and that person was Dottore. That was the only known factor about him, and people outside of the Fatui only knew what one clone looked like. He went missing a few days after the whole Mondstat incident.

She blinked, and somehow, her suitcase was packed. It carried a few essentials; clothing, undergarments, things like that. Y/n sighed. This would be the last time she could see her sister; she should wish her a farewell before she left forever. She closed up her suitcase and left her room, subconsciously putting the vial in her pocket before leaving.

Her mother waited by the doorway; her sister being held up by her father. Y/n's father gave her a pitiful glance, a silent wish behind his eyes. Y/n knew it was hopeless, but she still tried to give him a smile. Her sister giving her a begging look, while her mother simply refused to look at her. She was still angry from a few hours before, probably cursing out the Tsaritsa mentally.

"I'll miss you," Y/n said. "I'll try to come back, and I'll be sure to get you the best treatment there is, Tenkal." She leaned forward, touching Tenkal's forehead softly.

Her younger sister shook weakly, tears rolling down her cheeks. "You better." She mumbled, just loud enough so only Y/n could hear. "I want you there when I breathe my last breath." She pulled away, staring sadly into her sibling's eyes.

Y/n was surprised, yet she knew she couldn't protest. Every breath she drew was a painful one, and all the family members knew that even being out of bed was the most painful thing she's done in a while. All to see the older sister depart for the death wish of a job.

"Of course." Y/n turned and grabbed her stuff, her father opening the door and letting her leave. She sent her father one last regretful look, her eyes full of sorrow, before she turned away and entered the carriage. She heard the door shut before she could turn and give one more look to her sister, but she still looked just in case she could be spotted in the window.

No soul left in the house, at least, none that she could see.

"To the castle." She instructed, turning away from her home. The carriage coach gave a stiff nod, and the Yakutain horse at the front started moving forward, slowly yet surely, towards the looming castle in the distance.

"The ride will take a while, are you sure about this?" The coach asked, turning his head so he could see the female sitting behind him.

"Is it bad to say that I have a Harbinger waiting for my arrival?" Y/n asked, shifting uncomfortably in her seat. She didn't want to meet the drivers' eyes, knowing that the look on his face was one of shock.

"A-a Harbinger, you say?" He shivered, although she knew that it wasn't because of the cold. He paused, the only noise being the squeaking of the carriage and the footsteps of the horse. "M-may I ask which one?"

"The Doctor."

He turned around swiftly, turning his attention back to the road. "I see." He spoke. "Please forgive me, the ride will get a little bumpy."

"Excuse me, wha-" Y/n was interrupted by the horse suddenly picking up speed, the trot going into a gallop. She hastily grabbed her stuff, pulling it close to her body, then focused on not dying because of the rocky carriage.

But hey, at least he gave a warning, right?

Just like that, they were at the edge of the castle grounds, a Fatui soldier waiting patiently for the carriage to arrive. The soldier spotted the carriage rather quickly, as it was coming towards him at breakneck speeds. Poor soul. It rushed up, and it didn't help that both the coach and the horse seemed to be glaring at him with the intent to kill.

It stopped, the soldier somehow managed to stand his ground, but Y/n stumbled out of the carriage, her suitcase falling out of the carriage and landing softly in the snow.

"Don't worry about the payment, ma'am." He called. "Have a nice rest of your day!" The driver sped off, leaving her alone with the soldier.

She got her barring quickly, not quite wanting to seem like she was weak in front of the soldier. The Fatui weren't kind to those who were weak, and they favored those who were strong. It was a monster vs monster world in the organization, everybody was lucky to survive. She got her stuff and brushed off her clothing, making sure it was free of any snow -at least in the upper parts of her body.

The soldier did the salute, Y/n repeating it back with ease. "Y/n of the L/n family, correct?" He asked.

"Correct."

"Follow me, L/n." He turned on his heel and start moving away from the castle, and closer towards the forest. She was a little confused, but followed him, nonetheless. She knew that anything she did this point forward, would be monitored and recorded. For whom, she didn't know. Her closest guess was the person she was appointed to, and for whatever reason, she had a feeling that he would use her actions and bring the consequences swiftly.

She sighed to herself; grateful the wind hid the sound of her sigh. Hopefully, nothing she will do will bring the consequences.