11

Y/n awoke to silence. It was a comfortable silence, one she hasn't felt in a long, long while. She liked it. She smiled and snuggled deeper into her pillow. Though, it didn't feel like a pillow. It felt harder, like it was just... muscle...

Shit.

Y/n moved slowly away from the body she held, looking at the face. Apparently, she was holding Dottore like he was a pillow. She hated to admit that it was the best sleep she ever had. His lap was more comfortable than she would like to admit. Her eyes looked carefully at his mask, listening to his breathing.

It was even, which told her he was asleep. Her face flushed red. Dottore?? Comfortable enough with a sleeping girl on his lap to fall asleep??? She expected him to take her to his lab, to experiment on her while she was helpless. She let out a slight smile. It was nice though, to get some good sleep.

She was sitting in front of him now, staring at his sleeping figure. She wanted to do something, but she wasn't sure of what. A harmless prank? Y/n had a feeling that he didn't quite have a good sense of humor. At least not yet. She let out a silent chuckle. She didn't want to wake him up after all.

She also had a feeling that he wasn't quite the morning person. Y/n stood up, brushing off the dust from the floor off her clothes. Looking at Dottore's form now, she had an idea of what to do. She knew that sleeping on the floor wasn't comfortable in the long run; it made too many places on the body numb. So, she did what she thought was right.

She tried to move him to the bed.

Keyword- tried.

Dottore was... heavier than she expected. Y/n knew he had to be slightly heavy; no one that that height wasn't. She just didn't know he would be this heavy. Maybe it was because she didn't want to wake him up, but considering what she had done thus far, she was impressed that he wasn't awake at this point.

She sighed, almost ready to drop his figure on the carpet. At least this section of the floor would give him some cushion on the way down. No, she couldn't do that, she wasn't that mean. Yet. She pulled him closer to the bed, laying him down on the floor. Y/n used the last bit of her strength to lift him up, putting him on the bed.

"Archons." She whispered, breathless. She was pretty sure she felt her back pop, in more than one area. At least Dottore wasn't on the floor anymore. She sighed. Her eyes drifted to his mask. Sleeping with that on can't be comfortable, right? She wanted to take it off. For his comfort, of course.

Totally not to see his face.

Y/n shook her head. No! She needs to focus. A blanket, and a pillow. She needs to remember that. A blanket and a pillow for her boss. She walked away from the bed and move towards the closet where the extra blankets and pillows lay. When she was done grabbing the things she needed, she noticed that Dottore had moved.

She smiled. He looked much more comfortable on the bed. "Hehe." It made her happy for some reason. Y/n was careful lifting his head up and putting the pillow under and she was careful putting on the blanket. Now, it was the matter of taking off his mask.

It was going to be tricky, he had turned into the bed, and she didn't want to climb onto the bed just to take off the mask. But it seemed like she had no choice. If Dottore woke up at any moment, Y/n had a feeling the consequences would be dire. She reached, her fingers brushing against the surface of the mask.

It was smooth in some parts and rough in others. It was a nice texture, one she liked very much. She hooked her fingers around the base of it, feeling something click. Was the mask connected to something? Did she need to take that off too? Archons, the things she would do for his comfort.

Y/n didn't even know why she was doing all of this. Was it just to be nice? To be a good assistant? She was confusing herself. Never mind that, though, she needed to focus. She lifted the mask carefully, pulling it away from his face. "Oh." The mask looked different up close; dirty, like it hadn't been cleaned since forever. It was gross. Regardless, she knew what she was doing later.

She put it away on the nightstand, turning her attention to Dottore. Her breath caught in her throat. Archons- He was beautiful.

He looked peaceful, though that might only be because he was sleeping. His face looked soft, she had to resist the urge to brush her fingers against it. Not to mention his lips- oh they were perfect. It was nice to look at them without the mask in the way, but it felt so wrong to see his lips like that.

Y/n's face flushed red. Archons, what was she thinking! She looked away. Calling Dottore beautiful- her own boss -and growing feelings for this man?! Oh no, no. This was not good. She looked back at his face. Now that she was looking a bit closer, she noticed that he had a scar on the right side of his face.

It was partially hidden by the pillow she put, but a small bit of the scar was on his left . She suddenly felt sad. Was this why he always wore a mask? Was Dottore self-conscious about it? She couldn't help herself. Y/n brushed her fingers against the scar on his skin. "You're more beautiful than you think, Dottore." She whispered.

She moved off the bed, feeling slightly embarrassed. She was glad he was asleep, she didn't want him to hear her say that. They've only known each other for what, a week? That's just plain out strange. Not that she minded, it felt nice to care for someone other than her sister.

Y/n giggled. "Whatever." She picked up his mask from the nightstand. "I'll just clean this for now."

It was something to keep her mind off these sudden feelings.