10

Y/n opened her drawer, sure enough, that vial Dottore gave her was lying there. She picked it up, feeling the cool surface on the palm of her hand. She looked at it closer, if she was looking for something, she didn't know what. Maybe she was looking for something that indicated that he made it, but she found nothing.

The only thing she had to go off on was Dottore's words. She didn't feel like she should trust a single thing he says. It was like everything that fell out of his mouth was vile -just lies.

At least, that's what she thought.

No! Just because he was right this one time, doesn't mean he's trustworthy. The lengths people will go to have people under their control is frightening. Y/n shook her head, her grip tightening on the vial. Dottore is her employer, she can't act like that in front of him. She will lose her life.

"I see, you doubted my words?"

She jumped, summoning her weapon of choice. The vial in her hands grew colder somehow, but the cold managed to calm her down. Y/n stared at her boss, who didn't seem to care that a weapon was pointed at him.

"Careful, I think you might've broken it." He pointed.

"Wha-what-" She looked down, and sure enough, many cracks formed on the cool glass. Her heart broke. "I-I-" She looked between Dottore and the vial, not being able to hide the panic in her voice.

"It's alright, I'll just make a new one." He shrugged, watching as her weapon lowered.

"Really?"

"Yeah, it's not that hard." He chuckled. "Finding out the formula was the hard part."

"Oh." She suddenly felt embarrassed. Acting distressed over a simple vial? How silly, how childish. Her feelings then grew to be a mix of shame and embarrassment. Her weapon vanished into stardust, a trick she learned back in the war. She looked away, her eyes landing on the now broken vial.

"Although,"

She looked up quickly, her eyes widened in a surprise and panic.

"There will be a small fee, of course." He grinned, that same sharp-toothed grin that appeared when he was thinking something pyschoic. Dottore waited, waiting for Y/n to ask what it was.

"A fee?"

"Yes! A fee. See, you broke one of my expensive glass vials. They're not easy to replace." He reached over and took the broken vial from her hands, much to her dismay. The panic on her face wasn't missed from his gaze, she had let her guard down. Too many of her emotions were showing.

A weakness.

"Don't worry quite yet, my dear Y/n, the fee isn't that of Mora." He tossed the vial into the trash, something in the trash sucking it away to some foreign place.

"It's not?"

"No." His grin seemed to grow wider, exceeding what Y/n thought was the max. The grin looked creepy, yet it fit Dottore's character perfectly. "I want you to tell me something."

A strange request. "Tell you something?"

"Yes." He nodded.

"Tell you what?"

Dottore's smile disappeared, like he was stumped. He tapped his chin, clearly in deep thought. For Y/n, this only meant that this thing that she has to tell him would not be good. Not good for her, or her past. The past she desperately wanted to bury.

"Hmm."

She waited. The cool liquid from the vial dripped down her hand, feeling colder with each passing second. Eventually, a drop fell away from her fingertip, and everything on her hand felt like it was on fire. Y/n flinched, biting the inside of her cheek to stop from crying out. This didn't go unnoticed.

Dottore watched this happen, glee from the pain behind her eyes growing in his heart. Seeing her in pain was making him feel something, and he could only hope to see her like such again. He refused to turn into something like #1849. That part of his life didn't exist, so he made that prototype to test something. It was a mistake; one he wouldn't make again.

"I know." He watched as she looked at him, looking with curiosity and hatred. "Tell about your time in the war."

She froze. Suddenly, the fiery pain in her hand didn't bother her anymore. It disappeared, just like every other mention of pain of her body had given her. Her curious stare at Dottore turned cold, the light in her eyes fading like Childe's. Her posture changed, her guard up and icy. Y/n felt her weapon begin to buzz in the back corner of her mind, the weapon she swore not to never use again.

Y/n stared Dottore down, not a single part of the weak version of her existed. She stood as a warrior, one who has seen things one could not imagine. She spoke, her voice cold and lined with venom.

"Why exactly?"

Two words. It was enough to send a shiver of pleasure down Dottore's spine. He knew this was the right thing to ask. He smiled. "Curiosity."

"Not good enough." She spoke. "Why."

Maybe Dottore liked this version of Y/n better than the other one. This one was strong, powerful, terrifying, and she wasn't afraid to show it. The other version was kind, sweet, soft.

Oh.

Maybe he liked the original version better.

The warrior in front of him shifted, moving into a more casual stance. "I'll bargain with you, how's that sound?"

"Sounds perfect, actually." Dottore smiled. He can work with this. There was a lot of things he can do for her, in exchange for her story, of course. We can't forget the most important thing, correct?

"Let me outside." Y/n said.

"For how long?"

"Several days a week. There's very few things that can keep me at bay." She grinned.

Dottore almost frowned. That look wasn't good on her, it didn't feel right. "May I ask what the other things are?"

"Earn it."

He was taken aback. Earn it? He became the 2nd Harbinger to avoid hearing those words, and now his assistant -or version of his assistant -are saying those words to him? Dottore knew what punishments he was going to give her. "Fine. Are there any other conditions?"

"No." She spoke. "I believe that should be enough."

"Perfect."

Y/n closed her eyes and immediately she collapsed. Dottore reached out and caught her, landing on the floor in slight shock. Does switching to such a personality cost that much energy? How interesting. He looked down to the passed-out woman in his arms. She looked so peaceful, a different kind of peacefully one would get from dead bodies.

Dottore wrapped his arms around her, somehow moving so he could lean against the wall. This position was... comfortable. He liked it. He messed her Y/n's hair for a bit, a soft smile tugging at his lips.

How childish. He thought, ignoring the feelings that grew in his chest.

~~~

I apologize if any of the content regarding D.I.D. was insulting. I tried my best to write in such a way that it seems like Y/n does not know that this front exists, and in such a way that Dottore doesn't know what D.I.D. is.

Again, I apologize if any of the content was insulting or rude.

D.I.D; Dissociative Identity Disorder