19

"How," Y/n's voice was lost in the forest. "Warm it seems."

Her eyes looked at the trees, looking through them, seeing the bustling street past them. It was busy today, she wondered why. Maybe it was the reason why her captor wasn't at the house, and why she as able to leave so easily. She looked harder, seeing an empty space where people should be.

Ah. The blue hair of her captor. She leaned against the tree, looking at him. She wasn't far from him, so she wondered how long it would take for him to realize there were eyes on him from the forest. A smile bloomed on her lips, sadistic and cruel.

Dottore looked up, seeing nothing where she once stood. He questioned his instincts, unsure of why he looked up in the first place. He was sure that he felt an energy close to Y/n's, though it was colder, more hardened. Shit. He needs to find her quickly.

Y/n ran through the forest, her eyes finding everything past the trees. A train of sorts, made by Fontaine geniuses was just entering a station. She was tempted to go onto it, but she knew running was faster. The train wasn't going to her destination either, in fact, it was going the opposite way.

She stopped running, the snow sliding away from her feet. It fell down the cliff. Her breath crystalized in front of her. She quickly grew annoyed at this. "Fuck breathing, fuck this body." She mumbled. She knew better though, this was the only thing who could hold such power. She had no choice.

Y/n's destination was safety, therefore it was hers too. Safety wasn't anywhere in Snezhnaya, it never was. She turned away from the edge of the cliff, turning her focus on the pathway out of the nation. It wasn't hard to believe she ran this far, her capabilities far exceeded those of normal humans. Her eyes locked in on a teleport waypoint, red and unused.

Damn. No one knows how to use them, but ever since the word of the traveler touching them and unlocking them, making them blue and floaty, it seemed that only they knew how to use them. She cursed under her breath. Running it is then.

A force in the back of her mind throbbed. It annoyed her even more. She looked around, feeling unsafe again. Eyes were on her, but who did they belong too? "Shit." She turned and ran, towards the waypoint.

Arrows flew past her, charged with pryo. They landed in the snow with a hiss as the fire was fizzled out. Words of a language she had no care for were shouted. Hilichurls. How annoying. She debating just running until agro disappeared, but they had something she wanted.

A chest, locked by a key one of the hilichurls wore.

"Alright." She summoned the sword. The one she didn't want to ever use again. A voice in the back of her head screamed at her, begging. "Let's just kill you real quick, yeah?"

A hilichurl ran up to her, swing it's pryo infused club. She dodged easily, watching as it fell into the snow, the fire on the club sizzling out. Y/n plunged her sword into it's back, feeling it's spine break until her blade. The now dead hilichurl disappeared into dust, leaving behind it's mask.

Her lips curled into a grin. "I changed my mind." She lifted her weapon. "Let's play a game."

~

Dottore was never that good at tracking. That was under Capitano's area of expertise, not his. However, he did know this forest like the back of his hand. The number of times he had chased an escaped test subject through these woods, the number of times they've been caught before they could even make it to the path outside of Snezhnaya. It was laughable. Sometimes he would even release them on purpose, to give them a sense of hope before capturing them again. All for his own entertainment.

But this. This was not entertaining. Y/n got a head start. She was leaving him, again. He didn't want that. He didn't want to be hurt like that again. He needed to find her before she leaves the nation. Otherwise, he would have almost no chance. The clones in the other nations were too far for his mind ability, he knew their first resort would be to kill her. He would not accept that.

She was his. Only his. Not his clones, not the other harbingers, his.

Dottore followed the typical path, noticing small changes in the landscape. A footstep there, about the same size of her foot. Another one there. She was running. Did she know where she was going? He stopped at the cliff, seeing the abrupt stop Y/n made before she fell off. He looked around quickly, spotting her footsteps leaving to the left.

He kept moving. She was not leaving his grasp. His heart couldn't handle the pain one more time.

A hilichurl camp. He looked around, seeing the remains of a fight on the snow. It wasn't a pretty one. Hilichurl blood was splattered against the snow, it was interesting. The body disappears but the blood does not. What a fascinating observation. He mentally slapped himself. Now was not the time to get sidetracked. He noticed an open chest, already looted. She was here, he missed her by a few moments.

More footsteps left the camp, heading towards the waypoint at the bottom of the cliff. He didn't doubt her experience in this type of situation, but could she survive a plunge to the bottom of the cliff? It was quite the fall, but it was the only way to get down there. He looked over the edge, looking carefully at the ground below.

Dottore froze. There she was. Down there, in a pile of snow. "Fuck." Was she dead? Please don't be dead. He was just about to jump of the cliff when he noticed movement coming from her. She was alive. Thank the Archons.

Regardless, he needed to find a way down without harming himself too much. But, he wanted to see what Y/n was doing. It didn't seem like this was her, her posture was different, her body language was hostile. It reminded him the other Y/n. The one who was cold, cruel. His eyes widened.

Why was she appearing in front of Y/n?

~

This chapter was so hard to write for some reason haha

The next chapter will come out soon, promise