42

"Why are you packing?"

This question made Dottore stop his progress. He looked up and stared at the woman in front of him. He wanted to say how beautiful she looked wearing his clothes, but that was a comment for another day.

"This experiment we are going to do requires us to travel to Mondstadt, more specific, Dragonspine." He gave her a smile and closed the suitcase. "The trip will take a few weeks, and I do plan on staying on Dragonspine for a while as well."

"I see..."

He zipped up the suitcase, the uneasiness in her voice not going unnoticed. He leaned towards her, giving her a kiss.

"I said we, hmm?" He chuckled as her face showed her realization. She covered her face in embarrassment, the tips of her ears turning bright red. She mumbled something under her breath. Dottore leaned closer to her, removing the hand from her face. Her eyes didn't meet his, instead, focused on the ground.

"What was that love?"

Her eyes flicked to him for a brief moment, then back to the ground. "m sorry."

"Hm? I could quite hear you." The smile on his face was teasing, yet sweet. He liked playing with her because the outcome was almost always the same. He knew what he had planned for, and he knew the actions of which one would carry out.

Y/n's eyes looked in his. There was no longer embarrassment behind them, but rather, determination.

"I'm sorry. I thought I couldn't go for some odd reason." She sighed, taking a step away from him and crossing her arms. "Why wouldn't I be able to go? I am your assistant. It was stupid of me to think differently."

Dottore felt something hurt in his chest.

Was he just assistant-zoned?

...

Was that even a thing?

"Yes, yes." He removed the teasing smile on his face and replaced it with a more dignified one. "I suggest you start packing as of this moment. We are leaving in just a few hours."

"Eh?!" She looked at him in shock. "A few- You should've told me sooner!"

He went back to his own packing while listening to his, ahem, assistant yell at him for the stupid things he had done. 

Assistant.

Hm.

He didn't want her to be his assistant anymore. Ah, well- he does, but he wouldn't want to make that label be the only thing she is known as. He wanted her to be known as something more than just "Dottore's assistant."

He wanted her to be known as "Dottore's lover."

Dottore's face flushed pink. He was lucky in the sense that Y/n wasn't exactly paying attention to him, but regardless, she would notice if she looked his way. He grabbed the mask he had on the nightstand beside him and put it on, using it as a way to hide his flush.

Dottore's lover.

It had a nice ring to it.

Would she be okay with it though? Would she be okay with being known as his lover? He opened his mouth to speak but was quickly shushed by the raging woman in front of him.

"You don't get to speak to me right now. The only thing you allowed to say is where the location is for us to begin our travels, and how long it will take to get there, understood?"

He let out a sigh. Maybe not now, or maybe not ever. This will probably be a thing where he keeps inside, at least until the time is right.

"The location is the harbor by the palace, and time to get there is about an hour to a hour and a half -depending on the weather." He watched her as she continued her own packing, seeing as she packed all the essentials for a long trip.

He opened his mouth again, wanting to ask the question he know had on his mind, but he was interrupted by the woman in front of him closing her suitcase. She closed it quite aggressively, and he took it as a sign to not say anything at the moment.

"Let's go, we need to make the most of the time we have right now." She lifted the suitcase off the bed, putting it on the floor. She let Dottore lead the way, and once they were at the door, she waited patiently for him to finish talking to Róbkij about the many documents he needed to be completed, and the meeting he had scheduled with Pantalone during the weeks that they were gone.

Y/n made a mental note to visit Pantalone once she got back, though she will have to talk to Dottore about it, so he won't think that she had ran away again. Maybe she will have to send a letter to the banker asking for him to retrieve her from the house to make the whole thing easier for her.

She was wanting to talk to him about many things since the ball, so it would be a perfect opportunity to do so. She was even willing to take him up on his offer.

Róbkij and the child clone who handled the door during the day bid them farewell, though their smiles was probably because Prime was out of the house, and they now had free reign of everything in the secret stash he had tucked away under the bed.

She could hear the giggles of the many clones as they walked away from the house.

"Can I talk to you now?" He asked once the two of them were in the carriage. She looked at him from the window.

"Depends on what you are saying next." She replied.

The whole thing with her possibly being his lover can wait until they were in Dragonspine. He smiled coyly at her. "Aren't you curious at why we are going to Dragonspine?"

Y/n turned her head away from the window and faced him fully. "I am, and I was guessing that you were going to explain it to me once we got to the site."

He nodded. "I was, but I have decided to tell you now."

She nodded, allowing him to continue.

"I want to create a dragon."

"What."

Dottore chuckled. "The dragon heart in the mountain is still beating, love. It's still alive. The bones are still there, though the entire skeleton is not able to be extracted, we can still use the bones visible to remake the dragon of Dragonspine."

He let out a sadistic grin, not even bothering to hide it.

"Wouldn't that be absolutely wonderful?"