41

Y/n woke up because of a heartbeat.

It was something so simple, it was hard to imagine that one could be awoken by. But regardless, she was awake.

What makes it strange, was that it was Dottore's heartbeat. It was the first time that she had heard his heartbeat -from her knowledge- and she was pretty sure that immortality would take away something like that. There were times that she was wrong, and this seemed to be one of these times.

She groaned and sat up, feeling his arm slide down her body. The coldness of the room hit her bare skin, sending unwanted shivers down her spine. Ah, she was naked.

She looked over to Dottore, who was sleeping. It appeared that he was also naked. She stared at his chest, mesmerized by how the scars on his skin seemed to compliment him and his being. Her finger traced the nearest scar, which was down by his waistline.

The memory of what happened after their peaceful moment went through her mind. She wasn't embarrassed by it, no, embarrassment disappeared a long time ago, she was pleased by it. She was happy at the fact that he could use her in a way that could help himself.

It helped that he kept moaning her name each time he had an orgasm.

Dottore's arm moved, pulling her back down to lay beside him. His hand landed on her boob, and he squeezed it playfully. She smacked his hand away, earning a chuckle from the man.

"Watch it." She spoke.

"Aw, can a man like me not do that?" He turned his head and looked into her eyes. "You were okay with-it last night."

"That was last night, not now." She huffed, feeling as his arm moved into a more comfortable position by her waist. His fingers brushed against her lower stomach.

He turned his head to face the ceiling once more while a chuckle. "Pity."

She rolled her eyes and sat up once more. His hand squeezed her waist. "Why are you moving? I don't have anything planned today. We can just lay here, or we can go for another round?"

Y/n stopped. "I'm getting dressed because I'm hungry. We can go for another round later, when my legs don't hurt as much as they do now."

"I thought you liked it when I go rough."

"I don't recall-"

"Please, you moan my name and beg me to go rough every time." He sat up and pulled her body close to his. His hand drifted to her thigh. "Shall I prove my point?"

Her eyes narrowed on his hand, ignoring the flush of heat that traveled down her body and settled in the area between her thighs. "Later." She repeated, removing his hand from her thigh and standing up.

"You aren't denying me, so you know I'm right." He chuckled, watching as she moved around the room to the dresser they now shared. He watched as she pulled out one of his shirts and slipped it on, the shirt obviously being too big for her small body.

Y/n turned around and looked at him. Noticing that he was watching her the whole time, her face flushed red. "Look away, Dottore."

"Why?"

"You-" She walked back over to him and grabbed the nearest blanket. She then tossed it over his eyes, going back to the dresser to finish getting dressed. He allowed this to happen to himself, amused at her actions.

When the blanket was removed from his head, she was fully dressed. Wearing his shirt and shorts, it was indeed something for a trip to the kitchen. She tossed clothes his way.

"In case you want to join me."

He sighed and laid back down. He too was tired, but he wasn't hungry. At least, not hungry enough to get out of bed. Y/n nodded, understanding his exhaustion.

The ball took a lot out of him, and the nightmare he had took what was left. He used sex as a means of distraction -not that she minded. He was rougher when he had things on his mind, even more so when he was beyond troubled.

She was curious on what he was thinking about, though it might just be what went wrong in his dream, and why the process wasn't working for her and her body. It might just be because that fact that it was nightmare, and those tend to focus on the "what could go wrong" scenarios.

But she did have a thought that maybe his dream was right.

What if her body couldn't accept immortality?

She froze, the cup in her hands falling onto the counter. It didn't shatter -thank the Tsaritsa- but it did make a loud noise.

"Ah-"

Her hands grabbed the cup before it could fall off the counter, placing it gently onto the counter. "Everything is fine!" She shouted, though she knew that Dottore was most likely on his way to her, regardless of what she said.

As if on cue, he appeared in the kitchen doorway. "Are you sure everything is fine?"

Y/n turned and looked at him. "You didn't believe me, so you came all the way over here with just a blanket?"

He finished tying the blanket around his waist. "I did believe you, I just wanted to double check." He entered the kitchen, coming close to her body and resting his hand on her lower back. "Are you sure everything is okay?"

She nodded. "Yes, everything is fine. You can go back to bed." She can't tell him about her thoughts. It would only cause more pain to him.

"Nah. I'm already up, so I might as well stay up." He kissed her cheek. "I don't have to do anything today..." He trailed off, now in his own thoughts.

She huffed and put the cup away. "Neither do I, and I think that spells a recipe for disaster."

He snapped his fingers, gaining her attention once more. He grinned at his thought, it becoming more and more clear that his troubles seemed to no longer affect him.

"I've got some new test subjects, and I would love to test out some theories I have." He extended his hand. "Would you care to join me?"

Y/n took Dottore's hand, a smile on her face. "Of course. If you get dressed first."