25

"Hm?" Dottore looked up from Y/n's shoulder. He looked at the paper she held and sighed. "Right. That."

"How can you just say that!?" She slammed the paper on the desk, shocking the doctor. She calmed herself, feeling guilty for making him shook.

"He's asking you to make a mechanical army out of human cadavers?"

Dottore shrugged. "Wouldn't be the first time."

"Wouldn't- excuse me?! When was the first time?"

"Ahhh, a four hundred years ago, or something. I can't remember fully." He tapped his lips. "I'm sure a kiss would help me remember."

Y/n scoffed. "You are so childish."

"I am. Can I get my kiss?" He smiled when Y/n pressed her lips against his, pulling away as quickly as she could.

"There. Explain yourself."

Dottore pulled her closer to his body, staying silent as he thought. "Ah, I made an army for Pierro 452 years ago. Or I tried too. It failed during testing. I couldn't find out what was wrong until 2 centuries later."

"What was wrong?" She regretted asking.

He chuckled. "Kiss."

"You-" She sighed. "Fine."

"Thank you. The army needed a life source." He stopped, thinking some more. "Like the type of stuff, you needed in order to live and breathe."

Y/n picked up Dottore's hand, feeling the glove. "How does one get ahold of something like that?"

He smiled. "A kiss per question, love."

She frowned. "What if I kiss you a dozen of times? Would I be able to ask dozens of questions?"

"That's a question, but I'll let it pass." He pulled off his gloves, letting Y/n touch his skin. She kissed the top of his hand.

Dottore stared at her, feeling some weird feeling bloom in his chest. She continued on, like what she did just now didn't affect her. He felt her fingers glide over the scars on his hands.

"Does that count?"

"I suppose." He mumbled. She giggled at his reaction.

"Are you aware of the dragon heart in Dragonspine?" He asked. Y/n looked up from his hand, her thumb stopped brushing against his scar. She shook her head.

"No. Why is there a dragon heart there?" She froze. "Ah, another kiss." She shrugged, kissing his hand again.

He felt his face flush. "Uh- yes. That is a good question. To answer both of our questions, a dragon died there, and even though the body is decomposed, the heart still beats."

"How interesting." Y/n said. "How does that work?" She kissed his hand again.

Dottore's heart fluttered. Archons- this woman was being to drive him crazy. He couldn't think about the questions she asked because of her light and teasing kisses. He was pretty sure she didn't quite know what she was doing to him.

But a small part of him had a feeling she knew exactly what she was doing.

"Dottore?"

"My apologies, I was thinking." He shook his head, pulling his hand away from her grasp. Y/n pouted. "Instead of kissing my hand, kiss my lips instead, okay love?"

She looked into his eyes, feeling her face begin to grow hot. "O-okay."

"I don't know how the dragons' heart is still beating, but dragons are such fascinating creatures." Dottore smiled. "But I will figure it out someday. I have already sent some fatui agents to investigate and get some blood from the heart."

Y/n reached up and grabbed his face. He was taken aback. Her fingers traced over his scar, feeling the difference between his scar tissue and his skin. She blinked, a look of shock appearing on her face. "Oh! I'm sorry-" She pulled her hands away. Dottore grabbed her hand and put it back on his cheek, closing his eyes.

"It's fine." He whispered. She let out a soft smile.

"Alright." She spoke. "Could you show me the cadavers? For the experiment, of course."

He hummed, opening his eyes. He waited, waited for Y/n to realize what she asked.

"I won't forget about the kiss; I have another question." Subconsciously, her thumb brushed over his lips. "Can I help you with this experiment?"

Dottore reached up and grabbed her chin, pulling her closer. "Sure. But you owe me two kisses, dear."

She smiled. "I am very much aware, love."

~

Y/n walked into a separate room, following after Dottore. He flicked on the lights, casually stepping over a body part that was laying on the floor. She inspected the part as she stepped over it, looking away in disgust as she realized what it was. Just what did that poor man do for his family jewels to be laying on the floor like that?

"Ugh." She covered her mouth, trying her best to not throw up. This room must be his actual experiment room.

The walls, the floors were coated in blood, with the only somewhat clean area being the walkway. Many different bodies were floating in large vats of clear liquid, all of which had some sort of body modifications. The worst modification she saw on a human made it look like it wasn't even human.

Dottore looked back, noticing her uneasiness. "It's alright, Y/n, you'll find a way to get used to them eventually. They're all dead anyway."

"They're dead? Why do you have them?"

He tapped his lips.

"Really? Now?"

"That's four questions now, that means four kisses." He chuckled. She sighed, giving him quick pecks. "I'm not sure if I should count that."

"Count it."

"Alright." He raised his arms in defense. "I kept these because they were my greatest creations, and they still are. When I succeed on these mech-human cadavers, one of the small versions will be removed of their supply of dragon blood and placed into one of these vats." He stopped in front of the only empty vat.

"Wow." Y/n looked up at the huge container. "I don't know if I should congratulate you, or be disgusted."

"You signed yourself up for this, my dear assistant, don't forget that." He turned on his heel and continued down the corridor.

Y/n watched him leave, watched as his tall figure disappeared into the darkness of the lab. Now that she was alone, she felt shivers begin to crawl up her spine, eyes staring into the back of her skull. She was afraid to turn around, scared of what she might see when she finally turns. Something warm and breathing appeared behind her, breathing down her neck.

She clinched her fist, turned, and swung.

Her punch was felt by what seemed to be a clone of Dottore's. This clone was barely standing, holding his cheek. He didn't make a sound, dispite the amount of pain he was in. Slowly, he turned to face her. He glared at her, moving his jaw carefully.

He looked to a little surprised when one of his teeth fell out, landing on his open palm.

"You little assho-"

"No, you're the asshole here!" Y/n shouted. "What kind of clone are you?! To sneak up on someone in a scary place like this!? You're very lucky I didn't knock you out cold!"

The clone took a step back. "Alright, alright. Jeez." He dropped his tooth, kicking it to some corner of the room. He moved his jaw again, pulling his mouth wide open. "I'm fine, see? All is forgiven, right?"

His tooth was back. She narrowed her eyes at him. "I'll be the judge of that."

With that, she turned away and followed after Prime, walking just a little faster this time around.