31

Y/n looked out the window of the carriage. She didn't know why she did; it was all just white, with the occasional bit of dark green from the pine trees that grew in the area. The road was smooth for most bits, with the roughest bits being from when they left the woods and started their journey. 

Her eyes flicked over to Dottore, finding herself mesmerized by the way he looked.

He wore something different than what he usually wore, something that was fitting of the 2nd harbinger, full of glory and beauty. He wore a deep blue suit, adorned with glowing crystals made in his own lab. The brooch he wore was a gift, he said.

"A gift from an old friend."

She knew it was more than that. He looked at the brooch with a certain sadness in his eyes, his hands gentle as he put it on his clothing. She knew the brooch was more than a simple gift, but she didn't want to pry into his memories. He would reveal them in his own time, when he was ready.

Along with the brooch, he wore a cloak of sorts, also adorned with priceless beauties, though the cloak wasn't the centerpiece. It was his mask.

His mask didn't cover his entire face; instead, it covered the lower half of his face, showing off his scar and cold eyes. The mask was designed as a veil, enchanted so that if the light hit it right, it would show the many colors it hid. Diamonds and other precious jewels dangled off the top of the mask, making it so that was the only thing one could look at.

"It isn't too much, is it?"

Y/n blinked, brought out of her daze. She looked into his questioning and worrying eyes, a soft smile growing on her face.

"No." She chuckled. "I think it's perfect."

Dottore closed his eyes, visibly relaxing. "That's good."

"Are you usually this tense? It's just a simple party." She shifted in her seat, turning her body away from the window, focusing purely on the handsome man in front of her.

"No, of course not dear." He shook his head, uncrossing his legs. "I guess I'm tense because it's the first time I'll be bringing you to something like this."

"Do you think I'm over-dressed?"

His red eyes scanned her body, taking in very single detail like it was first time he laid eyes on her. He treated it like so, being taken away by her stunning beauty every time he looked at her.

Unlike his deep blue clothing, she wore a light blue dress. Adorned with the same precious and valuable jewels, they matched. Her dress fit her body perfectly, hugging the right places, and showing off what was appropriate. Like Dottore's mask, when the light hit her dress right, her dress would sparkle with the various shades of blue and purple, showing the true beauty of this dress.

Her centerpiece was her necklace. The Diamond of the Moon. It was a priceless jewel, looked for by countless and greedy people, yet it was always in Dottore's possession. He claimed it was originally found by Her Majesty, The Tsaritsa, given to him as a gift for the many things he did for Snezhnaya.

Y/n wore many jewels that were sought after, owned only by the 2nd Harbinger.

The Diamond of the Moon, Crown of Lost Souls, to name a few.

And each and every one of them were only for her. Owned by Dottore, given to Y/n.

"No love, you were perfect." He smiled.

The carriage came to a stop, the coachman opening the door a few moments later.

"My lords, we have arrived." He held out his hand, offering support for the lady. Dottore's smile turned into a frown, glaring at the hand. The coachman took away his hand quickly, bowing and leaving the door area, returning to his seat at the front. Dottore left the carriage first, landing on the gravel.

He offered his hand, Y/n taking it and using it to help herself down onto the gravel. She said a quiet thanks, brushing down her dress. The door closed; the carriage being pulled away by the Yakutain horse.

"It isn't snowing here."

He nodded. "Her Majesty makes it so."

He offered his arm, Y/n taking it. He led the way, going up the stairs towards the grand doors. The soldiers stationed at the doors watched the two with wide eyes, questioning who this woman was at the 2nd Harbingers side. They watched as the two of them entered the building, taking notice of the soft look the harbinger had in his eyes when he looked at her.

The two soldiers made eye contact, one giving the other a slight and simple nod. They knew. It was clear. They turned their attention back to the other guests, the new topic lingering in the back of their minds.

Dottore and Y/n entered the ballroom, the once loud room, filled with chattering guests, grew silent. Every set of eyes were on the two, questioning who the woman on his arm was. His cold stare made the other guests turn and look away, the room slowly being alive again. The two moved towards the Tsaritsa, as it was customary to do so.

They bowed in front of the Tsaritsa, the Tsaritsa giving Y/n a smile.

"I wish to borrow Y/n for a moment, Dottore." His eyes narrowed at the Archon. "Is that alright?"

"As her Majesty wishes." He bowed again, leaving his love with the Cryo Archon.

Y/n was nervous, to say the least. This was her second time meeting the Archon, and she still didn't know how to act. The Archon took notice, letting out a soft chuckle.

"There's no need to be so tense, dear." She opened her eyes, soft and pale blue. "I won't do anything."

"I apologize, Your Majesty. I don't know how to act around you." Y/n bowed her head.

"Then I won't keep you much longer." The Tsaritsa tapped her chin, thinking. "Ah, you should meet the other harbingers."

"You-your Majesty?"

She chuckled. "Don't worry about Dottore, dear. I'll keep him occupied." She waved her hand, letting it rest on her lap. "I think it's best that you get yourself acquainted with the beings your lover works with."

"But who should I meet first, Your Majesty?"

The Tsaritsa closed her pale eyes, a smile lingering on her lips.

"They'll come to you."