20

"Y/n."

"No," Y/n spoke. "That actually isn't my name."

The woman in front of her didn't look surprised. Instead, she looked like she expected it. "I see. What is your name then, if I may ask?"

"You are very kind. How strange." She huffed. "Alright. I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours."

The woman said nothing, only a faint smile on her lips. She looked peaceful, despite the bitter cold around them. Her clothes looked like they were one with the snow, it fascinated Y/n, or the person inhabiting the body of Y/n. "Very well."

"My name is Proklyatyy." She bowed ever so slightly.

"Cursed one?" The woman now seemed surprised. "What an interesting name." She leaned in, crouching slightly to match the height of Proklyatyy. "Do you have any other names I should worry about, Proklyatyy¹?"

She took a step back. Looking into this woman's eyes was terrifying her. Her light blue eyes seemed to be gazing directly into her soul, it felt uncomfortable, unnatural. No human could do this, that was clear. The woman in front of her was no human, she knew this now.

"Yes. Though this name hasn't been used since I was given the name."

"Tell me."

"Perevoploshcheniye²."

The woman leaned back. "Reincarnation?" She smiled. "I was correct. You looked exactly like her from a century ago."

"Excuse me?"

"I digress. I must cover my end of the bargain, yes?" The woman chuckled. "Unfortunately, I have no name that the human tongue can speak. I simply go by 'Tsaritsa' instead."

Proklyatyy immediately bowed. She couldn't believe that she was speaking to the Tsaritsa. The Tsaritsa chuckled again.

"There's no need to bow like that, Proklyatyy. You have my respect." She looked up, seeing the Tsaritsa crouching again. "To come back again and again from death, to continue to live in this world when you have all reason to go onto another, that is worthy of my respect." She sighed.

"Though you may not remember it until later on."

"I-i see."

"Is there any way you could, give the body back to the one called Y/n? I do believe she's the one who has truly been through all the pain." The Tsaritsa touched her arm softly, her fingertips sending bursts of frost up her arm. "Forgive me." She pulled away from hand, smiling softly.

Proklyatyy nodded, closing her eyes. The Tsaritsa watched as her body became softer in posture, the aura that was once harsh become that of nothing, disappearing completely. She opened her eyes again, the look in her eyes being that of a peace giver, not a killer. Her, unlike Proklyatyy, recognized the Tsaritsa immediately.

"Oh-!"

"There's no need." She spoke. Y/n grew silent, staring at the beauty in front of her. The Tsaritsa looked up, noticing the figure on the cliff behind her, a smile on her lips. "Let's not run from him any longer."

"But-"

"Shh." The Tsaritsa put a finger to her lips. "He cares. Though he shows it in unnatural ways. It's simply because that's how he is." She lowered her finger, picking up the snow beside her.

"Let me show you something."

She controlled the snow, shifting it into a form that matched Dottore. Y/n watched it curiously, as much as she hated to do so. A different snow being formed, this one matching the form of her. Y/n watched as her snow figure moved away from the Dottore figure, watched as the doctor figure began to crumble.

Her figure crumbled into nothing, the doctor's figure just barely being able to maintain its shape. Slowly, the snow being to rebuild itself, yet it never truly was complete. A piece was still missing, a piece that was filled when another snow figure appeared. This one matched the same as the first, yet this one didn't leave.

It stayed, yet it still crumbled. This time, it crumbled in Dottore's arms. Pieces of his snow fell away with hers, and just like the first time, he rebuilt himself. Yet a bigger hole remained. A third and final snow figure appeared, and Y/n watched as he tried his best to stay away from this new figure.

But his feelings got the better of him. He got close, the two figures matching exactly what Y/n and Dottore did when they met. The Tsaritsa closed her hands, the snow figures crumbling away. She looked at Y/n.

She didn't even realize she was crying until the Tsaritsa wiped her tears away. She didn't care that frost bloomed on her skin from her touch, she just felt sadness. 

"Now do you understand, Y/n?"

She nodded. "Yes."

"That's good." The Tsaritsa lifted Y/n's chin, pointing behind her. "He never wants to lose you again. He will protect you with everything he has." The crying woman saw Dottore on the cliff, standing and watching. Even from this distance, she could tell that he wanted nothing more than to be at the bottom and be with her.

"He really cares about you." She chuckled. "Even it's in his own little way." She waved her hand, a staircase forming on the cliffside beside the doctor. He noticed it quickly, leaving his position. He couldn't seem to get down the stairs fast enough.

Y/n wanted to run, but her feet stayed in place. Deep down, she didn't want to run anymore. Something inside her understood, something deep inside her made her feet stay. She let Dottore run up to her, tripping on the snow.

He hugged her tightly, not wanting to let go. Her arms dangled at the side, moving slowly. Tears began to flow freely from her eyes. She felt safe in his arms. She felt like she could do anything. She hugged him tightly.

Y/n regretted trying to run away. She realized this was what she needed.

"Let's get you back home." Dottore whispered.

"O-okay."

~

¹ Proklyatyy, the romaji of проклятый

² Perevoploshcheniye, the romaji of перевоплощение

Come on, it's a story in a nation based off of Russia. There has to be some type of Russian, yeah? Though I am not sure if this is correct, I tried my best with Google Translate. If there is a native Russian speaker who could confirm if I did this correctly (I don't want to be offensive) please let me know!