Didn't Get a Chance

A/n: So I already had this one mostly written so I finished it. Here's a one to hold ya'll over until I finish a few of the bigger prompts💪😆

Also, Ik I just did a Roman centric one. But It just kinda happened.

This is just basic school omo btw. The ending's rushed bc I got bored💀

Virgil was bored.

...Yeah, Nothing good ever came from that. Of course he was bored though, he was at school, and in math class. At eight in the morning. Nobody liked a first period math class.

He drummed his fingers against his arm, not wanting to get in trouble for doing it against the desk again—nervous habit.

"Virgil? I don't understand this, do you have any idea what's going on?" He turned around to find the source of the voice, which of course was Patton. Virgil loved his best friend to death, but he really wasn't that bright with math.

"Yeah, sure which problem?" Virgil questioned. He himself wasn't an expert—but he had a pretty good grasp on it.

"Um..all of it?" Patton said, unsure of himself.

Virgil snorted, "alright get over here, let's do this..." he skimmed over the work Patton had already erased and rewritten about ten times by the looks of it, "okay, see you're getting a fraction as an answer because you're misinterpreting the problem. And when you move this value over to the other side, you're supposed to change the sign. Basically think back to middle school—I have no idea why we're doing all this grade school stuff."

"Because of people like me who can't pick it up" Patton pouted, looking over the problem again, "and that makes so much sense! Thanks, son!"

"I'm no—you know what, never mind. You're welcome, dad" Virgil joked.

Patton squealed and started doing the problem again, showing it to Virgil when he finished.

Virgil squinted, "how are you writing numbers in cursive?"

"Pure skill" Patton shrugged.

"It must be...oh, and you got it right by the way. Good job" Virgil said, "now just remember that for these next ones, they get more complex as you go."

Patton nodded, "okay...i've got this!"

"Remember, the lines that are equal on the circumcenter and incenter are different—here, do you want me to highlight it for you?"

————————————————————

While Patton certainly was entertaining and made math class a lot more bearable, he  just couldn't wait to get out of that class. He was always particularly excited for first period to end because he had Roman in all of his other classes.

He got in his seat just as the bell rung, and let out a breath, getting to biology was always a heart attack, because of the no nonsense teacher they had.

"Hey Roman" Virgil greeted his boyfriend, what's up?"

He shrugged, "nothing much. Um, work. Work is up" he mumbled.

Virgil raised a brow, "something wrong?"

"Mmm...nope. Nah, i'm okay" he said, flashing his signature(fake)smile and turning around to listen to their teacher's lecture.

Virgil sighed, grabbing his own notes and copying down the nonsense that was on the board. Of course they had to make punnet squares even more complex and add sixteen boxes. He couldn't care to pay attention though. The day was going by far too slowly for his liking. He figured he could space out for a while and figure it out later.