46 ~ Sultan Aahil Aashiq Ibrahim Khan

1k Votes!!!

Ruhani POV

"I love you, Ruhani. I always loved you but..."

His former words made my stomach twist but the latter brought a storm inside me. The But raced my heartbeats and I just kept my ears close to his voice to know what was there after the But.

"But, I am afraid I cannot say the same about your family,"

He muttered and I just nodded accepting it. 

There was a silence, a comfortable yet long-distant silence between us. I did not know but I could feel him sad from inside. Though he was trying hard to hide his pain from me it was visible.

And, I knew how to cheer up him a little.

I shifted a little to step down from the bed and he protested.

"Where are you going?"

He asked holding my wrist and I looked at him softly, nodding lightly to trust me. He let my hand slip from his hold and muttered.

"Come back soon,"

His eyes turned back to the pages to write something and I walked to collect the letter that Badi Ammi gave me.

Taking them, I walked back to the bed and he asked looking at me.

"What you got?"

He asked and I forwarded my hand. His eyebrows furrow as he scans the old papers. The time had turned their darker shade of yellow and he slowly took them from my hand.

He gulped and lifted his gaze to look at me.

"For me?"

He asked. His voice was a little nervous and excited.

I nodded lightly and he unrolled the papers. I sat quietly until he read each of the letters. His expression changed from laughter to sadness and tears.

"Zeenat Bua gave it to you?"

He asked with a broken voice.

I nodded and he kissed the letters closing his eyes affectionately. I adored his beautiful gesture for his father's memories and he turned to look at me.

"Thank you so much, Ruhani. Now, I am feeling really better,"

He spoke and came closer to hug me tightly. His weight made me tilt backward a little which I had to support keeping my hand on the bed.

I smiled and patted his back soothing him a little.

He kissed my cheek and hugged me even more tightly.

"Sultan,"

Suddenly, there was a loud knock on the door and I heard an attendee calling from behind. He broke the hug and pulled my dupatta to wash his tears.

"Yes,"

He asked and stood up from the bed walking towards the door.

"Sultan, a letter arrived from Ayzal Sultanate,"

I also stood up from the bed and walked after him.

He opened the door and took the letter from the attendee's hand.

"It's from Rabia's father,"

He said looking at me and then lowering his gaze back to the letter.

Ayzal Sultanate, I heard about it in my childhood. The most powerful Sultanate had influence over the vast land. Its existence was the oldest if the histories were believed.