74 ~ The Changed Feelings

1.2k votes!!!

Ruhani POV

I had started our journey to my home. My maternal home, my Sultanate, The Darmiyan Sultanate.

I was delighted, and my happiness increased even more because he joined in on the journey.

The physicians gave a green signal for both of our health and told us that it was rather good to travel and change the environment.

It was almost afternoon now and we had already covered a major part of our journey. We were about to reach the main door of the Sultanate.

A small convoy of soldiers had joined and Sultan gave a month-long leave to all the soldiers who fought in the war. Since they were no more problems now and we could enjoy ourselves a little bit.

The soldiers standing before the door saw us coming and trumpets blew for our grand welcome.

They opened the door for us and I looked at my family waiting for us. I was sneaking though the small curtains of the palanquin and as soon as they stopped, I put my feet down on the earth to meet my family already.

I was excited!

"Abbujaan,"

I screamed with joy and wished him as he collected me in a warm hug.

"Assalamwalaikum, Abbujaan,"

"Walaikumassalam,"

He replied and kissed my head.

"Kaisi hai ab aap?"

"How are you now?"

He asked and I realised the hug to look at him.

"Hum bohot ache hai,"

"I am very well,"

Then I moved towards my mother and wished her too. She collected me in a hug and I was laughing with joy.

"Assalamwalaikum, Abbu,"

I heard Aashiq wishing my father and they hugged each other lightly.

"Walaikumassalam, Aahil Saheb, how are you now? We heard your proud war stories,"

He smiled hesitantly and muttered back.

"I am good and the war, it was inevitable. It had to happen someday,"

My father nodded looking at him and I looked at Haider.

We both hugged each other and he kissed my forehead.

"How are you? Ruhani,"

I nodded saying.

"Very good, what about you?"

"I am... also good,"

He said and I looked around.

"Where is Rehman Bhaijaan?"

He smiled.

"He has a Sultanate to run. So, Zeenat Ammi and Rehman Bhaijaan will come, maybe tomorrow,"

"They are coming with us, right? to Hind,"

I asked and he shook his face lightly.

"Umm, he said that there was some chaos happening in Hamid Sultanate. He has to stay back,"

He informed and I almost whisper and screamed.

"What? then there will be no joy,"

He laughed and Haider teased me.