67 ~ The Reunion

1.2k votes!!!

Thank you so much for 500k reads and 80k votes... It really means the world to me. Thank you 💖💖💖

Aahil POV

I came back to our Chamber and looked at the empty bed. Raking my eyes, I tried to spot her in the room.

"Ruhani,"

I called and raced my steps to walk around towards the dressing part of the room.

I pushed the door open, and then my sight fell on her. 

I took a breath of peace looking at her, then realised that she was getting ready.

I turned my feet, closing the door, and suddenly she called.

"Aahil,"

Her voice was soft and sweet.

I looked at her, standing at the door, and she muttered slowly to her attendees.

"Please leave us alone,"

I saw the attendees getting out, and I stepped inside. 

"Close the door behind, Shaheen,"

She said, and I heard the door closing behind me. I walked to her and looked at her getting ready. She wore a fresh pair of bright cream.

"Do not you think you should be resting instead of ge-"

"Some time ago, you told me not to go into the hole of grief and pain,"

She cut and turned to look at me.

"The bath helped me to lighten up my head," She finished.

I nodded and looked at her, opening her wet hair bun.

"Come here,"

She said. 

And I obeyed.

I walked closer, and she forwarded her hand to hold mine slowly. She pulled me closer, and I looked into her eyes.

The silence followed, and I felt as the time was slowing down.

I felt her hand take mine closer to her stomach. My palm touched her belly, and I felt shivers down my spine. My eyes instantly teared up, and I closed my eyes. 

She stood so close that my chin touched her forehead, and she said.

"I could feel him not liking the taste of the food I was eating. With every vomit, I could feel how stubborn my baby was, like his father. He was so strong that he drained all my strength to build himself up. He used to miss you, but I told him about you, about the moments we spent together. He used to giggle hearing about you. He loved you too,"

She said, and I could not stop myself from breaking into silent cries. 

She spread her arms around my shoulder and collected me into a warm hug. I hugged her back, and she said.

"I know what you talked to Rabia,"

She told me, and I hugged her even tighter.

"Your father did not deserve it,"

She said, and I nodded with silent cries.

"Neither our child,"

I added.

She released the hug and cupped my cheeks.

"Look at me, Aahil,"

She said, and when I did not, she held my arms and pushed me down on the chair. Sitting in my lap, she cupped my cheeks with both hands and made my crying eyes look into hers.