i

I  cracked my eyes open and the light pouring through the blinds blinded me. What the hell? I don't remember drawing my blinds, I don't remember many things apart from that I was out with Kate last night.

I open my eyes and look around, this is not my room I thought and immediately alarm bells begin going off in my mind, my heart pounding violently against my rib cage. I looked under the duvet covering me and found myself naked. Let this be a dream that I'm in a strange place naked in bed.
We
Oh no, I cried, please God no. Did William come over or what? Why don't I remember anything? I feel someone steer beside me. Please let it be William, please lord.

I uncover the guy's face, and I can't believe my eyes, it can't be. It's none other than Richard. We were at the same academy but he was a student in the art class.

"Richard, what are you doing here? What happened? why are you and I naked and in the same bed!", I scream this can't be happening. I'm supposed to get married today to William.

"Good morning, beautiful. I had a great time last night", he says and smiles.
I raise my hand and slap him across the face " how can you do this to me! I'm calling the cops".

His gaze darkens and he gets on top of me pinning me underneath him "And tell them what? I have proof of you leaving with me willingly and I have a witness",

" You're lying !",

" Of course not", he says and kisses me. I struggle to get him off of me but his hold only tightens so I bite down on his lip.
Just then the door bursts open and William walks in with a murderous look on his face.
Richard gets off of me licking the wound I've inflicted on him and smirking.

"William I swear it's not what it looks like", I said springing from the bed like it was made from hot lace while wrapping the sheet around me "babe I swear I don't know what happened ", I plead

"See I told you they were seeing each other William", I hear Kate say, who I didn't notice standing by the door with Carolyn William's mother. That woman hates me, she looked at me in disgust making me want to find a hole that I could hide into.

This can't be happening, I said to myself as I fumbled to walk to William who just stood there and said nothing.

"William I also don't know what's going on or how I got here, I went out with Kate for a few drinks since we were getting married tomorrow",  I say, tagging his hand." Kate tell him the truth tell him what happened and how I got here!",

" What! you planned to marry this filthy little slut!", His mother questioned." Answer me, William!"She has never liked me but William and I are in love so we planned to secretly get married.

"Kate tells him, we went out together, how did I get here?", I say and turn to her.
Everything was a mess. I didn't know what was happening or piece anything together.

"Yes we were and we both went home last night but then I saw you get into his car with him and rice away", she says.

" That's not true! You're lying! Why are you lying Kate, I thought you were my friend?",

"How could you Raven", William finally says to me, I look at him as tears roll down my face.

"You bastard!" he says and punches Richard in the face." I should have listened to you Kate", he says and storms out of the room. Wait what? What has she been telling him? Why is the person who was supposed to be my best friend doing this?

" William please listen to me, I don't know what happened, you have to believe me my love", I try to run after him but Carolyn grabs me by the hair and slaps me across the face. I look up at both of them and Kate has her phone in my face taking pictures.

"Where do you think you're going? Someone as lowly as you isn't worthy of my son", she says and pushes me forcefully to the ground.

"I love your son I really do and he loves me too", I say.

" You? With my son?", She laughed "We rich people can never associate with the likes of you, we are a different breed, we are not some money-sucking leeches like you, what did you think that I'd let my son marry a gold digger like you, just because you earned some money dancing?", Carolyn says.

"Listen here you whore William was mine first and you stole him from me. Now I'm taking him back. What did you think? that I'd let you two get married", Kate says.

Kate is in love with William. Why didn't I know of this? I knew William's family and her family are close friends but not for once did I know she liked him too. But this betrayal is something I never thought I'd get from someone like her. She helped me when I first moved here. I was alone and had no place to stay. The only thing I had was the scholarship I won to attend the university of arts.

I look at Richard who's on the floor holding his nose, trying to stop the bleeding. I begin to gather my clothes and say "you've ruined my life you stupid Son of a bitch".

" Yes and you deserve it you little bitch always acting like no one is better than you this is what you get for rejecting me so much", he laughs.

" You're sick in the head! ", I storm to the bathroom and change into my clothes. My life is ruined, how will I ever get William to forgive me? I was supposed to marry the love of my life today and live happily ever after.
I never seem to get a break and I'm life's favorite fool.

I walk out of the house and run to the bus stop in the little black dress I wore last night, I don't even bother putting on my heels.

My mascara was running and my hair looked like a bird's nest, everyone gave me strange eyes. It felt like walking the walk of shame from a frat house.

I get off at the stop near the place I share with Kate and see people taking my things outside. I see a man tolling the Rolls Royce William gave me as an early wedding gift from his showroom.
I run up to him and try to stop him "hey what do you think you're doing?".

"I'm sorry Miss but the car is being re-owned by the Woodlock's" he says.
I look through the boxes and find my mother's music box. I sigh in relief seeing that it is not broken. I open it and find the credit card William gave me, I won't bother using it so I'll just use mine.

I search some more and find my phone and I call the only person that can help me, Ashley. She, Kate, and I met at the dance studio when we were competing to be selected for Lendoché dance studio, the three of us were picked and became friends ever since.

I call and she picks up on the first ring "Bird what the hell did you do! what the hell is going on,!you're all over the internet your pictures of you wrapped in a sheet and a naked man in the background are blowing up the internet", she says and tears roll down my face.

" Can you please come pick me up, I'll explain everything to you later",I sniff. I hoped this was just a dream, those dreams that seem real but are not,  but my check which still stung from the slap Carolyn gave me told me it was all happening and that I was wide awake.