xx

William POV

I leaned back and closed my eyes, relishing the pleasure that shot through me. That scent, those green eyes,who was that woman and why did she remind me of Raven,my beautiful bird,the bird that slipped away from my hands a few years ago. I couldn't even get to speak to her before she  ran off,I clearly remembered her scent as she rushed past me. Was I too drunk and imagining things?
Seeing her in other women with the same name.  All I knew is that she went back to her hometown and never looked for her,I never wanted to see her.

"What's your name?",I asked the woman that knelt between my legs and sucked on me .

"R-a-v-en",she managed to say with her mouth full and tears streaming from the corner of her reddened eyes. She had black hair but looked nothing like her. Like the woman who ate me up from the inside out,I desired her. I should have not let her go,I should have made her stay and punish her,make her suffer for making a fool out of me. Yes,for cheating on me. I hate her so much. I see her in every woman,she haunts me in my dreams like a noose around my neck. I can't shake her off.

The door suddenly opened accompanied by the clicking of heels and the lights turned on turning the dimmed room brighter,the lights blinded me as I quickly zipped myself up pushing the woman away from me.

"You! get up and get out!", My mother snapped glaring at the woman.
" What the hell is wrong with you!"She yelled at me. " You are engaged for goodness sake,what will your grandfather think when he learns of this?",

" He won't know because you won't tell him", I say and sit up.

" Black hair huh? You still haven't forgotten about that cheap woman,have you? The woman that made fun of you and trampled all over your dignity",

" I'm not in the mood to hear your mockery mother. I don't want to fight with you",

" I'm not mocking you , I'm trying to help you see the truth. Forget her !"she says, grabbing me by the jaw so I can look up at her face.''You are William Woodlock you have a reputation to uphold for goodness's sake,you can't go galavanting after every woman that reminds you of that good for nothing low life like an idiot! Now get up and take a shower, wash off that whore's cheap perfume off of you, we are going to the set ,the press will be there and I want your grandfather to see you are at least interested in something he approves' ', she said.

That's the musical my grandfather has invested in. It is about a little girl from a village in France who disguises herself as a boy to become a famous painter and poet. He has always been a fan of opera and plays, especially this one since it is a story he grew up listening to. The musical is being enacted by dancers from Lenduché studios. I remember the first time I saw Raven she was the most magnificent being I've ever seen. I felt myself get irritated when I thought of her ,I just can't seem to forget her.

My grandfather put a lot of importance to this so I too need to act like I care. He and I are not the best of friends because I didn't turn out like my father liking Polo and talking about politics like a loser.

The director's assistant welcomed us and led us into the set.
I wasn't really interested so I began to scroll through my phone. After some time of doing nothing,my phone rang and my mother glared at me like I had committed the worst crime.

I walked off to a sitting area and spoke to him for some time. After ending the call someone handed me a cup of water that I gladly took to quench my thirst.

Suddenly someone poked my arm and I heard a small voice say"Hey! I was going to drink that".

I looked up and saw a blonde little girl, her blue eyes looking at me with her arms crossed.

"Sorry, what did you say?"I asked, putting on a tough expression. I've never been a fan of kids.

"I said I was going to drink that",she said, putting emphasis on each word,she had a fierce expression and didn't shy away at all. Usually some kids would have watery eyes and would shrink back when I looked at them.

"Sorry about that little lady",I said and reached for my wallet to take some money out."here go get yourself some water".

"I'm not little, I'll be turning seven and my name is Mercedes Bryce,not little lady",she pouted and stretched out her little hand to collect the money.

"It's nice to meet you Mercedes", I chuckled and leaned down to her height." Sorry about your water and I'm William Woodlock",

"Are you here to watch us dance?"She curiously asked.I didn't want to explain my role here as an investor so I agreed.

"I'm performing in the musical. Aunt Ash says I'm going to become a star",she excitedly said twirled in her white tutu.

"With that mouth you won't be able to make it in the entertainment world kid",I say and fleck her nose.

"what?", She asks, it's obvious she didn't understand a word I said.

"What I am saying is,stars don't talk too much", I said and poked her forehead and smiled.

"William!",I heard my mother call and the little girl named Mercedes  ran off  to line up with other little girls that looked in awe when she showed them the money in her hands. Others kept giggling and laughing, whispering into each other's ears.
She finally looked up and waved at me.

I found her to be a cute little thing even though I've never really liked children. And she is too friendly, didn't her parents teach her not to talk to strangers? Just the thought of having a willful kid like her made me glad I don't have children.
My friend Jack has two little girls that are always screaming and throwing tantrums,he no longer has time to even hang out with us anymore.

"I never knew you'd be interested in children, maybe after you get married you can have a kid of your own with Kate,a little boy that looks exactly like you", my mother gently said and touched my cheek. "Can you Imagine a little boy that looks exactly like you?"She chuckled. I could see she really anticipated me having a child one day but children are not my cup of tea.

"I hope you know that I'm not trying to make things difficult for you but I'm your mother and I only want what is best for you",she says after she noticed I wasn't going to reply to her.

I wanted to tell her I don't want children but I knew it would end in a fight and I really didn't sleep much last night. I tossed and turned thinking of the sexy woman in emerald green.

Since the filming of another scene was about to begin, we walked back to our seats. Kate was already seated there and I sighed trying to restrain the annoyance I felt coming on.