xvii

The next day that I woke up, the first thing I did was search for some news on William. Talking about him last night somehow managed to plague me with dreams of him.

The latest news said he and Kate were engaged,he popped the question when they went to watcha Polo match. Kate looked so happy from the photos and they are yet to decide on a wedding date.
I couldn't help the sadness I felt from seeing the news. Has he already forgotten about me? Does he think of me like I do of him? Most importantly does he still love me?
If Kate hadn't backstabbed me,we would have been married and raised Merce together.
Thinking of that made hot tears run down my face.i quickly wiped them off scared that Ash will wake up and give me an ear full of a lecture if she finds out I'm crying because of William. So I quickly dried my tears and put my phone away.

She was going to be late for work so I shook her a little,she slapped me off and turned on her side, mumbling incoherent words. After a few more attempts I finally managed to get her to wake up and get ready for work.
The children were still sleeping so I decided to go out for a run before they woke up. We were going to visit my grandmother later during the day, thinking of her made me realize the longing i had for her after not seeing each other for days.

When I came back from my run ,I already found Merce and Caleb awake with their teeth brushed and faces washed.
I went to the kitchen and began working on our breakfast.

"Who's excited to see Nana?", I asked.

"Me!", They excitedly screamed Merce dramatically shaking her head from side to side and waving her hands in the air.

After having breakfast,I cleaned the house, gave the kids a bath and we got on a bus at the station.
The bus ride to the nursing home didn't take long and we got there in no time. The nursing home had green lush trees,there were elderly people moving around on carts,some were bird watching and others were doing some exercises,it was like a town just got the elderly destined for their convenience. Even though it's expensive I can be rest assured that she is living in a well and suitable environment. Part of the money used to pay for the nursing home is my grandmother's pension and some of it is kept for the children's education. Even if I have to juggle two jobs the only important thing is that they get the best education and have everything they need.

We arrived at the reception and I asked for my grandmother. The man at the front desk called an attendant to take us to her room.
The children curiously looked around at the new surroundings. Many elderly we met were happy to see them and would stop to pay their heads and pinch their cheeks.

"Are they your kids?", The young man leading us asked after hearing Merce call me mom.

"Yes,they are",

"You look too young to have two kids", he said stopping at a door with the number 45

" I will take that as a compliment", I say and smile.

"So what are you doing later?", He shyly asked .

" Is this my grandmother's room? Caleb interrupted and pulled on my arm.

" Yes it is",he said and told us to go in. I softly knocked on the door and after hearing humming from inside I turned the knob and we walked in.

My grandmother's eyes widened in shock when she saw us.I told her we were going to visit her but I didn't tell her at what time.
A nurse sat next to her taking her blood pressure using a sphygmomanometer, hearing my grandmother gasp in surprise. She looked up at us and smiled warmly.

"You guys are here already?". My grandmother asked and started having a coughing fit.
It filled me with worry when I heard her wheezing and coughing that I rushed to her side.

"What's wrong with her?", I asked the nurse,with worry lacing my voice.

"It's just a couch I slept with the window open last night, I forgot to close it after staying up to knit some sweaters for Caleb and Merce", she said breathing heavily.

" But you don't sound okay", almost as if you have difficulty breathing,I say to myself. Maybe I'm overreacting because I'm no longer taking care of her.
Seeing that she now felt better my children ran into her arms and she showered them with kisses.
"I'm fine",she said, touching my frowning face. Maybe it was a mistake bringing her here. She may be better off staying with us and being taken care of by me. We sat on the couch in the room and waited for the nurse to finish . I took this chance to look around the room she was leaving in.

It had a mini kitchen and a small freezer,a desk and chest of drawers where my grandmother put most of her pictures and memoirs.
A sitting area which is where we sat and a bathroom. There was a large open window near her bed and it was decorated with potted plants basking in the sunlight.
She decorated the room just like she did the one back at home. The difference was that this room was a little bit bigger.

"I love it here, this place is wonderful",she said after the nurse walked out. I stood from my seat and embraced her, taking in her familiar scent.

"What's wrong my dear Bird?", She chuckled at my behavior and laughed, coughing a little.

"I miss you so much Nana", I take a deep breath and say,this is the feeling I can't do without,my grandmother has always been my safe place.

"You're grown and even have kids of your own yet you still act like a baby",she gently said and patted my back.

" I'm your baby",I purred, enjoying the warmth of nestling in her arms. She had always smelt like cinnamon.
After spending the whole day with her, my children and I reluctantly parted with my grandmother and managed to catch the last night bus back . I hugged the sleeping Merce in my arms and Caleb who was asleep too lay his head on my lap. I watched the passing lights, lightly patting their backs and humming the familiar tone my grandmother hummed whenever she put me to sleep.

she had become weaker and paler in complexion,I knew she told me not to worry and that she only had a minor cough but I can't help but worry about her. I know she wants to stay there so she can lessen the burden on me. I'll try my best to work hard and move her back home with us.