vi

I slept the whole trip home and only opened my eyes when the lady seated behind me tapped me away when we arrived.

"I heard you say you were headed to Waltham Abbey?",

" Yes , we're already here?", I ask and yawn.

She nods and smiles at me,after thanking her I walk out with my things I didn't have much because I sold most of my stuff including my phone and got a cheaper one.

I walked out and strolled onto the platform taking a deep breath of the cool alleviating fresh air of my hometown. I was finally home.

I looked around and finally heard someone calling me "Bird! Over here!", I heard a beautiful voice call me.

I turned to where the voice was coming from and saw Polly, my childhood friend and my grandmother waving excitedly at me.

Polly and I have known each other since we were still in diapers, she's more like a cousin than a neighbor and friend. Her short mercury red tumbled over her shoulders and bounced as she waved excitedly. Even after not seeing her for so long she still had her bubbly outlook.
I noticed the little boy she held on her hip that looked around him curiously and I could say he was the cutest little bit I have ever seen.

"My God Bird, how long has it been? Four years?", She laughed after giving me a bear hug.

" Polly! I've missed you so much!", I say and kiss her on the cheek." Who's this little guy",I ask and lightly squeeze the little boy's cheek making him shyly look away.

"This is my son Caleb" he looks just like her with big doll eyes and brown hair.

After a heartworm reunion and tight hugs we finally went to the car park,they drove here in my grandmother's beat up truck. I helped my grandmother as she struggled to walk properly. She didn't tell me it had gotten this worse if I had known I would have gotten her a nurse.

It must have rained here last night because the ground was still wet and the air moist and fresh. I looked at the familiar streets as we drove. Nothing had changed, even some graffiti we did as teens was still there,it felt nice to be home after such a long time. The little village was pretty small with one highschool and one middle School,one hospital and on police station that we shared with the neighboring village so everyone basically knew everybody.

The wind blew through my hair,the sound of my grandmother telling me all the town's gossip slowly becoming faint as I remembered the time I told William about the place I grew up. We lay in each other's arms looking at the city through the windows of his penthouse,he really wanted to come here.

We stopped at a famous local diner to have some food because it was already noon.
"Remember when we used to come here", my grandmother cheerfully said.

We came here to celebrate all the time , birthdays, graduating to the next grade, getting an A in a subject, everything.
We entered with Caleb in my arms,he was just so cute and I kissed him a few times. I was excited to know that soon I'd be holding my own child as well.
As soon as we walked through the door the smell of food hit me, making my stomach grumble.I didn't realize how hungry I was until my stomach made that sound.

They all looked at me making me blush in embarrassment, seeing my reaction made them burst out into laughter,Caleb looked curiously at all of us and joined in the laughter as well, making us laugh harder.

"Oh my! Bird is that you?", A familiar voice said.

"Hello Sandy",I smiled at her,I can't believe she's still working here ,Sandy is the woman that made most of my childhood memories fun.

"How have you been sweetie",she smiled,we made small talk then she took our orders.
Polly and I ordered the usual and local favorite fish and chips and my grandmother went for some meat pie.