iii

Raven's POV

"That little bitch I'm sure she had a hand in this.  I never liked her when we first met at the studio but what did you say?,that all I need is to warm up to her", Ashley says.

"And Enough Ash I'm already feeling bad as it is". I say as I sob in her car, yes she did warn me that she didn't like the vibes coming off of Kate and she could tell from a mile away that she was fake. But my grandmother told me to always see the good in everyone and Kate reached her hand out to me , offered me a place to say when I was homeless,I was going for auditions while still sleeping in the streets.

"What are you going to do now? You can move in with me", Ash suggests but I can't be another burden,she still has to pay off her father's debts and the apartment she's sharing with her mom and siblings is already too small to accommodate them.

"It's okay I still have some money and I can sell off some of the clothes,shoes and handbags William got me",I say.

" Okay the apartment below our floor is vacant,we can call the building's manager and we can help you move in",she suggests.
That is a great idea, it's hard to find a place to stay,I might as well move in with her.

Ash drove me to her apartment complex and we got something to eat as we waited for the building's manager to come so I could take a look around the apartment.

"The pictures are no longer circulating at least he is good for something",Ash says as she scrolls through her phone.

" Really let me see",I say and take her phone and search for William but nothing about the cheating scandal can be seen. I sigh in relief and hand her phone back. I don't want any of this affecting my career. First let's find a place to stay then I have to find William and speak to him.

"Are you still texting him?", Ash says and grabs my phone.

" Yes it doesn't matter because he has blocked me", I say and snatch it back.

" You just had to fall for the playboy didn't you?", She sighs.
Yes I did. I fell hard despite telling myself that I can never fall for a man who has been in between almost every well known socialite's legs,every famous model and rich girl. I told myself over and over again that he and I were from different worlds , different circles but I fell for him like a rag was swept off my feet.

I know it looked bad but he had to believe me , I'm certain our love is strong enough to overcome this. So I'll give him a few days then we can talk.

I know I should have headed to Ash's with the way the building's manager was looking at me.
But he was a kind old man and knew I was having a rough morning. The apartment was nothing compared to the house I was living in with Kate but it was perfect. It had a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and living room suitable for one person.

I didn't have much furniture because almost everything that was in that house belonged to Kate,so we got to moving right away. Ash's younger siblings were at school so only her mother helped us and we were down cleaning up and settling in by midday.

Ash and I went and got me a bed and she went to the studio while I called in sick with what happened. I'm sure they know the reason I don't want to show up in front of people right now.

After taking a shower I slumped in my new bed and cried, everything was going wrong. I knew my life was going too well without anything happening so I shouldn't have been surprised but William is the best thing that ever happened to me in such a long time. I don't know how long I cried but when I woke up it was dark outside. I heard some movement and saw Ash packing clothes in my closet.

Seeing me awake she came and lay next to me "do you want something to eat ?",she asked. I nod my head yes , she goes out to their apartment on the floor above and brings plates of lasagna,her mother makes the best lasagna I've ever tasted.

"The best part of all of this is that we are now neighbors and I can come over or you can come over so we can cuddle and talk whenever you feel sad. Just know I believe you and that I'm here for you whenever you need me because I love you",she says and hugs me.

After eating we unpack and arrange everything and Ash leaves, even though she insisted on staying I still told her to go . I just wanted to be alone to process whatever was happening to me.

I lay in my new dark room looking at the unfamiliar ceiling, tracing every stain and border.
"Everything will be fine, just stay positive",I whispered to myself. I listened carefully to the sounds outside when my phone suddenly rang.

"Hello grandma",

"Hi sweetie,you told me you had something important to tell I waited for your call",she says,the warmth in her tone sipped through me at such a long distance away.
I was going to let her know after William and I got married because I know she'd never agree to me making such a rushed decision after all William and I have only been dating for a year ,he has been trying to ask me out for months before I finally agreed.

"It's nothing grandma ,I just wanted to tell you how much I love you and that I miss and very soon I'll bring you here so we can live together",

" Oh no sweetie my old bones can't handle the long trip besides if I leave who is going to guard my garden against those damn critters",she complains making me chuckle,my grandmother and her garden even if the world ended she wouldn't want to leave her garden behind.

"Oh nana,I miss you so much",I sigh.

"Are you sure everything is okay, bird?", She asks.

"Yes I'm fine please don't worry and make sure to take your medicine on time",I swallow holding back the years in my eyes.

"Of course",she says and continues to tell me what different types of vegetables she's growing.

"How is everything? Should I start looking for a nurse to help you around?"I ask because it gets difficult for her to move around with her arthritis.

"There is no need Polly helps me out alot and I love having little Caleb around",she says. Polly is a childhood friend of mine and she lives right next to us.
"Okay honey goodnight, I'm a little tired ",she continued.

" Okay grandma, sleep tight",I say and kiss her through the phone.
I wanted to tell her that everything was not okay and that I was about to lose the love of my life.