xxii

"Bird!", Ash called out to me, her voice filled with annoyance. "What in the world are you thinking about? I've been calling you for some time now".

" I don't know, I've been getting a bad feeling since yesterday",I said. We were in a cafe just on the opposite street from where the play was being filmed waiting for Merce.

"Is it because you spoke to your grandmother?",she asked.

" Yes", I say and take a sip of my latte.I felt she was hiding something from me she really didn't sound fine at all,her voice was hoarse and she was whizzing a little when she coughed.I will have to go and see her first thing tomorrow morning. I know her like the back of my hand so I know for sure she is not well.

"We can go and see her to make you feel better", Caleb said,the swelling has gone down in the past few days.

"Thank you so much sweetie",I smiled. But I just couldn't shake off the terrible feeling.

Ash unlike Merce has only a few background scenes even though Merce is not the main character she has a handful of scenes as one of the protagonists childhood friends.
We waited until they were done to pick her up.
Tomorrow is the last day of school for Merce. She will be taking some time off to finish up with filming the musical.
We stood by the entrance to wait for Merce to come when my phone rang.

"Ms Bryce?", A voice said.

"Yes this is she", I said

"This is Green Tree Home for the elderly, I'm calling to inform you that Mrs Bryce was rushed to the hospital this morning",The lady on the other end of the phone said,it took a minute for me to process what she said.