xv

Today is the day we leave for London,my kids are really excited but I'm not,I just can't help but wonder if I'll meet him. I can't bump into him. Would he take my daughter away from me after finding out about her? Will he reject her?.

The conversation I had with my grandmother two weeks ago before she left for a nursing home has kept me up for days. I know it's important for Merce to meet her father. How long will I lie to her? But I'm really scared.

I quickly take the last of my anxiety pills and load the rest of our staff in our car."Merce!, Caleb! will you guys hurry up gosh",I yell, they'll surely make us miss our train. Ash will be picking us up from the station in London,I haven't seen her in years apart from face timing. We haven't seen each other in a long time.

Merce and Caleb were excited about the move but I was a little reluctant.I once left home to chase my dreams but returned beaten down and yet again I'm leaving to the same place that caused me so much pain. But this is not for me but for Merce,so I'm trying my best not to dampen my children's mood.

I handed the keys to the truck to Garry who bought it from me. It may be old but has lasted us all these years.

This is the first time my kids are on a train and are so excited,they won't stop giggling and whispering to each other, curiously looking at the passing view and pointing at whatever they find interesting. I got them a kids camera each for the trip so I can see the world from their innocent eyes.

We took an afternoon train and arrived at five in the morning. I loaded our staff on the cart and held Merce who was sleeping in my arms and told Caleb to hold the hem of my sweater,so I could push the cart with my other hand. He too was sleepy but tried his best to stay awake.

"Bird! Bird!"I heard a voice calling me as soon as I neared the exit.

"Aunt Ash!"Caleb called and ran to her.

Ash walked towards with a handsome black man following behind her.
"I missed you so much!"She said and hugged me, squishing the kids between us.

"I missed you too", I laughed excitedly. "Who's the hunk", I teased and wiggled my eyebrows making her blush.

"This is Anthony,my friend-d-d?", She said awkwardly.

" What friend? Friends don't touch each other's priva….", He snorted and said but Ash covered his mouth before he could finish whatever he was saying.

"There are children here my God! Boyfriend!He's my boyfriend!", She anxiously said.

" Anthony Holland",he said, taking my hand in his and kissing it, making it difficult for me to stop the blush that creeped onto my face.

"Raven ", I said and cleared my throat "Raven Bryce but you can call me Bird", I say and smile.
We walked to their car and looked at it , Ash's boyfriend must be rich besides he smiles rich too. But I'm a little upset that she hasn't told me about him. I'll have to squeeze all the details from her later.

"I'm so excited! Merce is going to be a star. See Bird I told you the kid had a bright future, she's just like me after all",she excitedly said '' plus I'm playing as an extra in the play as well! ",

We drove to the house we'll be sharing together. The prices of houses in London have gone up so I'm very grateful that she is willing to share the house with us.I know she had to move from her condo just so I and the kids can have a place to stay.
The house is pretty big and has four bedrooms. I can barely afford to pay half so i'll have to start looking for a job soon.

"There's a pool as well!", Caleb excitedly said.
" Wait until you see the pong table the previous owners left in the basement", Anthony said and took Caleb away.

"Thank you so much ",I said after putting Merce to bed.

" You don't have to thank me",she said and hugged me. She helped us settle into our rooms and left for work.The kids and I slept for the rest of the day.
I  plan on calling my grandmother's nursing home soon can let her know that we arrived safely. I haven't seen her in such a long time and I want to know how she's coping with the new environment.