viiii

After Polly left I sat at our computer and began typing my letter of complaint to avoid having it put away without even being read, I'll have to see if the security cameras in the parking lot still work.
As soon as the sun rose I was in Garry's office. "It's because it's you Ms Bird so I'll let you get the tape,but are you sure about this",he says handing the tape to me.

" Yes Garry it's high time this town's management changed",I said smiling as I took the tape.
I went to the post office and had it sent and also sent the soft copy of the letter and tape as well.

I spent most of the day doing nothing. Many people didn't visit the library and it looked like I was going to close early.

I was reading through a book about pregnancy and parenting when my phone rang.

"What's up Polly",

"I need your help",she hoarsely said I knew something was wrong and seeing there wasn't anyone in the library I decided to close early.

I rushed back home and didn't even turn my engine off. I walked in and the house was a mess. Polly day on the couch with hair covering her face.

"What happened?", I asked, moving the hair from her face and saw that Richard gave her a black eye.

"He didn't come home last night and when he came in the morning I asked where he spent the night,but he got upset and started breaking stuff saying as a woman I had no right to question him. How could I not when he smelt of cheap perfume and had glitter all over his clothes",she sobbed.

" It's okay first let's get you checked out",I said and helped her up.

" I don't want to stay with him anymore Bird, I've had enough of this",she said.

She had to stay for a few days in the hospital because he had fractured her cheekbone. And it turned out she suffered a miscarriage,she was so broken after she found out about. The victim support unit came to speak to her. She wasn't going to press charges but was going to divorce him and get a restraining order.