xix

Martin gave me two weeks off and told me to go back to work when I felt better. He told me to report Kate but I can't do it, William will find out I'm back and I'm not ready to meet him yet.

The swelling went down and the bruising was barely visible after a few days. I managed to enroll Caleb into a football club and the happiness on his cute little face was the best reward. I try as hard as I can to make sure my children pursue their dreams even if I have to work like a dog.

I packed up the last stuff I was sending to my grandmother,it included letters and drawings the kids did and just some other stuff I thought she needed.

The front door opened and Ash stormed in.I could tell she was upset because she walked straight into the kitchen and reached the top cabinet. We put all the alcohol in and poured two shots of vodka.

"Here,take this",she commanded and shugged down her drink.Ash is scared when she is upset and I didn't want to be at the receiving end of her anger so I just did what I was told to despite not wanting to drink. I wrinkled my face at the burning sensation in my throat and put the glass down.

"What happened?", I finally asked.

"Anthony and I are done and it's for real this time",she yelled.
They have broken up twice already since I came here. But they always end up having an intense make out session and making up.

"You know what! We're going out", she declared with a mischievous grin on her face. " I'll show him. It's decided we are going out",

" Going out where?",

" At a masquerade party",

" What masquerade party?", I ask in confusion.

" To promote the play",she says matter of factly.

"This has Lenduché all over it and I don't want to be part of it besides who's going to stay with the kids after school?", I get up and walk off to pour myself another shot of vodka.

"You have no say in this, we are going and it's final!",she grabs the glass from me and drinks it up.

"I don't have what to wear",

"I'll take care of it",she says and takes her credit card out. "Come on Bird I'm sad and I don't want to go alone",she whined.
I ended up in the passenger seat of her car and we headed to the mall.
I don't know what Anthony did but at this point I hate him a little, shopping with Ash is hell.

After running through the mall we finally found a dress that she was satisfied with. It was a beautiful emerald green dress, that shimmered in the light, it was a daring look to pull off.

"Yes!", She excitedly said.

"No!", I shook my head in horror "I'm a mother, of two kids",

"And you're sexy as hell, you'll be able to catch a lot of fish in this",she laughed like an evil villainess.

" No! There is no way in hell I'm squeezing into that dress, the v cut was so deep it would go all the way to the top of my belly button and the slit exposed my entire leg.

"You're wearing the dress", she said leaving no room for discussion. I held the dress in my hands and looked at the price tag and my eyes almost bulged out of my head. "Don't you dare start just put on the.fucking.dress!", She gritted and pushed me into the dressing room.

I had no choice but to try it on while she threatened me from outside the door. I walked out of the dressing room after putting on the dress.

"Oh yes! Yes!yes! Yes! This is it! This is the dress! You will be beheading heads with this dress! Everyone will want to fuck you,who knows you might get lucky tonight",she excitedly says the anger she felt earlier all gone "I feel like a proud mother ", she says wiping fake tears from her eyes.