xxxvi

Scott's aunt sent me an invitation. She owns a charity that helps immigrant children. I didn't want to go,I haven't been myself since my encounter with William. I really thought I was over him.

Scott looked disappointed when I said I didn't feel like going,I know he wants his aunt and I to get along. But this is a high-end occasion and of course there is a chance Carolyn will be there; she has made appearances in the past few years.
I already know how this will go,she will try everything to bad mouth me and embarrass me.

"You look amazing,get rid of that worried face you're ruining your makeup", Ash said. But I couldn't help but worry,I wish I wasn't such a people pleaser,it would have been easier for me to say no and tell Scott I'm not comfortable.

Scott finally arrived and I left after kissing my kids goodbye.

"You look amazing",he said before opening the door for me. He sent over five gowns for me to pick from,the royal blue short sleeve with the front cut out caught my attention and I knew I had to wear it.

"Thank you and thank you for the dresses you didn't have to send over so many", I said.

" There's no need to thank me,I didn't know what you like so I just picked a few and sent them over",he shyly said. I couldn't believe this was the same man that was pounding into me on the living room floor and for hours after in the bedroom. Seeing him get shy made me chuckle.

"I'm glad you could come,Raven", Gloria said and smiled.

" Thank you for inviting me",

"It's okay dear you don't have to thank me,at least this year's charity has someone that will make men donate more",she joked " I also wanted to take this opportunity to apologize for last time,I was nasty and just acted like that because of what I was told about. I'm really sorry and I hope you can forgive me",she apologized.

" It's okay",I said and smiled.

" Okay enjoy the party",she bid after another man asked to speak to her. I let out a sigh of relief, making Scott chuckle and plant a kiss on my forehead.

"It makes me happy to see the most important women in my life getting along",he said.

He went on to introduce me to some people until I saw everyone looking at the entrance and I heard someone whisper that the Woodlocks will be attending. Scott's aunt walked to the entrance just as Carolyn dashingly walked in dressed in a dazzling dress. She really is beautiful and makes me wonder how she looked when she was younger. And William with Kate hanging on his arm walked in after her.
William was as handsome as ever in his tuxedo ,I unconsciously took a full gulp of my champagne. I always say to myself I'm finally getting over him and that I have a wonderful person besides me that loves but my heart races each time I see him,every beat reminding me just how much I still love him,my daughter being a photocopy of him doesn't help it at all.
Gloria looked in our direction and beckoned for us .
I felt Scott's hand on the small of my back tighten as he led me to where they stood.
William's eyes never left me as he took me in,I tried my best but I was no match for the force that drew me to his,the classic music and the voices of people conversing faded, at that moment I was reminded all over again just how much I love him.
The moment was broken by Kate's hand that was adorned by her diamond engagement ring caressed his cheek and the reality hit me,a reality where he thinks all I was after was money and that I had someone else's child,the reality where he can't support me in front of his mother despite knowing deep down he loves me just as much as I love him.

They ignored me as if I didn't exist the whole time I stood there but it was okay because I didn't want to pretend as well. I finally got bored and I don't know how many glasses I had taken. Scott finally got tired of pleading with me and just let me be,but now I had to use the bathroom so I excused myself.